Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
You turned out to be everything I ever wanted
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governor of Sleetspire
Erek Trygg
Erek Trygg
Tess
You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Banner12
Ravaryn
You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Gif_sq10

Character sheet
Race: Mage
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t343-erek-leif-trygg
Erek Trygg
Governor of Sleetspire
General info
To those close to him, Erek is an extremely warm and caring man. He loves children and because he was never able to have any biologically his, he has adopted. As a teenager, he learned Dark magic from his father in secret. When he was twenty, he married the love of his life and moved to Sleetspire where his wife lived. He became a soldier in the army and eventually worked his way up to General of the Ishgardian army, which meant he was often away from home. When he was home, he spent time either in Sleetspire with his partner or in Norwyn with his brother and his family. He was a great storyteller and loved sitting down at the fireplace with the children, though he made sure to leave out the most gruesome details of his tales. Recently, he became Governor of Sleetspire. He took a few of his most trusted soldiers with him to the city and is now adjusting to his new role and being at home so often. Not long after this change happened, his brother died which means he’s now in Norwyn/Ishgard supporting the part of the Trygg family living there (though he will travel back to Sleetspire soon). The most important things to Erek are his family and the people of Sleetspire, and Ravaryn in general, and he will protect them at all costs.

The long version can be found in his character sheet.

You can contact me on discord: Tess#5203
Spouse
It was right before his twentieth birthday that he met the love of his life. They married and Erek moved to Sleetspire where his wife lived. A lot about this person is completely open: face claim, history, job,... Things that are set in stone are that they’ve always had a loving relationship, even with their ups and downs (so they would need to have at least somewhat matching personalities), and that they were unable to have children. Agewise, she needs to be similar in age to Erek since they met when he was twenty.
Or: new love
For this plot, Erek married when he was twenty like said before, but his wife died a few years ago (probably when he was about 48). It has been long enough that he’s given it a place, but he doesn’t think he will ever be ready to love someone else. Until he meets this person. They immediately feel a connection, but either both or just Erek try to keep a distance. This plot would definitely have a lot more drama as Erek will have to come to accept that he’s falling in love again, which will only be for the second time in his life. I would also prefer if this new love was a man to add to Erek’s inner turmoil. Personality wise they need to be compatible with Erek, I definitely see them being playful and kind at heart, and they need to have a spark with each other, but the profession and history of this character are open. I’m more lenient with the age for this character, but would prefer if he was somewhat similar in age.

As to how they meet. The first idea I had is that Erek has recently become the governor of Sleetspire and is now spending a lot more time in the city (where before he was often away as general of the army) so maybe someone there that he barely interacted with before has caught his attention. Maybe the head of the guard or someone in a similar position since that would be someone he has to interact with regularly. This could also be something entirely else! I’d love to hear your ideas!

Face claim suggestions: Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, Tyler Perry, Josh Dallas, Ryan Reynolds, Daran Norris,...

Another possibility would be a one sided love where the other person seems to recipricate, but ends up using him (for what is up to you). Erek doesn't have much experience with love or relationships since his spouse is the only person he's ever been with and so he wouldn't see the signs that this person is only using him. It would be a lot of drama if he fell for someone, but that person was only taking advantage of him. Since this relationship would be short-lived (since either this person would eventually break up with him or he would find out they are using him) it doesn't have to be with a character in Ravaryn (it could happen while Erek is on a diplomatic mission or something to another region) and this could definitely be with an already established character.
Adopted children
Erek and his spouse have adopted several children that are open to be played. I imagine most of them somehow didn’t fit in or had something happen in their past that made them leave their home after which they ended up in Sleetspire and found a home with Erek and his partner. Maybe they were left at the doorsteps of Erek’s home when they were a child, or maybe they didn’t have a place to go as a teenager and found one in Sleetspire.

At the moment Erek is 51 and the earliest he would have adopted someone was in his late twenties, maybe a bit earlier. Ages for adopted children are open as long as it fits within this timeline. At the moment Oscar Trygg and Benji Trygg are already in play as Erek’s children.
Trusted soldiers
Erek used to be the general of the Ishgardian army before he became the governor of Sleetspire. Thus, when he first came to Sleetspire, he took some of his most trusted soldiers with him. These are people he trusts with his life and that he trusts to help him keep Sleetspire safe. This add is really open, but we could come up with more plot or connections.
Other
Sleetspire is still quite empty at the moment so all characters are welcome there!

Other family members are also always welcome. The Trygg family originates from Norwyn and right now has members living in both Norwyn and Sleetspire. The family tree can be found here

You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Ravary10 You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Trygg_11
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:26 pm
Xaila Citizen
Sirach Lunthálin
Sirach Lunthálin
Tess
You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Banner11
Xaia
You turned out to be everything I ever wanted Square10

Character sheet
Race: Mage
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t195-sirach-lunthalin
Sirach Lunthálin
Criminal & dark mage
General info
Sirach was born and grew up in Xaila, but ran away to Lemuria after his father (a moon elf from Silvercrest) and sister died and his mother (a Zinyra) was send to prison. In Silvercrest, what started as stealing food to quench his hunger got him involved in more organised versions of crime. Stealing became something he was good at. It was also in these years that he learned about dark magic. He took more jobs to be able to buy or gather the ingredients he needed, getting better at stealing and building more criminal connections at the same time.

Now, he takes assignments to gather herbs or items no one else can find or slay monsters no one else wants to face. It’s a way of gathering ingredients for his dark magic and earning money at the same time. In addition to that, he is also a thief, bounty hunter and hitman, but he’s definitely a thief at heart. He’s travelled all over Odiria and right now he’s in Ishgard.

Sirach’s a planner, a schemer, but knows that a plan will only get you so far and will need to be thrown out of the door sooner than later. He loves improvising. He will not hesitate to kill when he needs to. When doing a heist or moving on a target for a hit, he will first observe before infiltrating the location. While it started as a way to survive, he’s also grown to love what he does. He loves the adrenaline, the challenge, the way every day is different and requires him to think about new ways to handle the situation he’s in.

He’s sarcastic, smart, having learned almost everything he knows himself, and witty. He’s pretty selfish. When he wants something, he will persevere no matter what. Sirach doesn’t like showing his emotions and will do anything to avoid talking about them. It will take a lot for someone to penetrate his defences and for him to open up. Deep down, however, he does have a caring heart and he wishes for nothing more than to find a place to call home and be happy. Whether he will ever admit this to himself is a big question.

The long version can be found in his character sheet.

You can contact me on discord: Tess#5203
A family of rogues: found family
After his family died, Sirach moved to Lemuria. There he stole to provide for himself and so came into contact with other thieves and became more and more involved with criminal activities until he became a professional criminal.

I imagine that he came into contact with other young thieves and people trying to survive on the streets in Lemuria. And that’s what I’m looking for here: a group of people that grew up together like this. It was easier to survive when they worked together and so they became partners and friends.

Now, most of them have gone their own way. How close they are exactly is open. They could still be in contact with each other and help each other or maybe they only seek each other out occasionally when they need help with a job. It could also be possible that some of them had a falling out and they’re more rivals than friends now. Wherever the plot may take them, I’d love for some people to have known Sirach growing up.
Partner in crime
Maybe Sirach was closer with one of these young criminals he grew up with than any of the others. They view each other as siblings and while they’ve betrayed each other often enough, they always have each other's backs. This is a person Sirach cares about deeply even though he wouldn’t want to admit that.
Criminal contacts
Sirach has travelled all over Odiria and has gotten to know a lot of people. He’s mostly a one-man show, preferring to work alone, but he likes to keep other criminals and organisations on his good side and even works together with them. He could start his own organisation if he wanted to, he definitely has enough friends to do it, but he doesn’t like the responsibility that would come with that and doesn’t want other people to depend on him like that.

Here I’m looking for other criminals or dark mages that he does jobs with, that he’s rivals with or anything else.
Family
Since he grew up in Xaila, he never had much contact with his father’s side of the family (they lived and still live in Lemuria), but he did know his mother’s side. She was a Zinyra and I think it could be fun if a family member recognises him. Sirach hasn’t been in contact with his family since he was a child, so it could definitely bring drama.

When you need direction
Look to the stars
Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:01 pm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum