Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
Gentrified
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashmoor Citizen
Nicholas Gallagher
Nicholas Gallagher
Sanne
Gentrified Nick_b12
Ashmoor
Gentrified A5fed112b1214edc4ee40aeed7e8c229

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t568-nicholas-gallagher
By nature I’m free, I’m the yawning sea

Gentrified D9qgc1k-83b9005e-2a8d-4efb-b704-863d970e9e81.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzczZTBiMTk2LTdkZTQtNDMwMC1hOGU4LWM1MzIyMTYyYjkxN1wvZDlxZ2Mxay04M2I5MDA1ZS0yYThkLTRlZmItYjcwNC04NjNkOTcwZTllODEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

Factually it was worth as much as the rain that fell and the sun that shined. Just a piece of paper crafted from some poor dead tree. It was almost dumb how much worth it had just because of the ink that was slathered on and the stamp on its corner. It was god awful that all it took was just this- a piece of paper. All that stood between the lower ring and a better future above- a fucking passport made out of materials that could be found drenched in rainwater outside of any pub. Nick stared at it as it rested in his hands, Nicholas Gallagher- officially documented. Cleared to leave the world he knew well behind in exchange for another perhaps even more daunting world.

With a sigh he passed through the security that kept the classes confined to their little well-organized spots in the city- the eldest among them had remembered him, memorized him from all the times he had tried to sneak past them in his youth. A faint grin decorated his face as he watched them now- he had made it. Years later he finally did. Though not on the terms he had wished for. No, he had not killed the system- he had not led a revolution.  Nick hadn't been loud- To be frank, he had merely whispered. Kissed the ass of the baroness and got himself a job as her personal guard. What had gotten into her?  He had no idea apart from the fact that he was a true natural charmer with great social skills, but in all fairness the less he knew about the bitch the better.  

No, he'd play the part she wanted him to play, he'd be as quiet as a mouse. A personal guard to hers truly. From the lower ring he could scream all he wanted- he could rebel, he could revolutionize, but none would get past the walls. Not without a damn paper. He was past them now- the walls were behind him and none stood between his whispers. A change, ever so small- was still more than shouting into a void. From his position here he could help Xander, he could help his father- and if all he needed to do for that was kiss the ass of a handsome woman whose conversations were at least not dreadfully boring? Why not?

And thus he ventured towards the theatre where they had agreed on meeting each other. She had wanted to show him the place for a while now if her letters were to be believed. Nick did not mind watching some dumb play put up to entertain the bored with too much time on their hands. Not if it meant a ride to his new home after. Even with a paper, he would not be able to get into the upper ring without the personal endorsement from the baroness herself.

+Cass
And when I hope for ships I’m lost in the plea.

Much thank Nien x

I’m a man of many tricks and tools and joy
With a battery of guilt on which to poise

Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:07 pm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum