Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
White winter hymnal
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown Princess of Ravaryn
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
White winter hymnal 9s9opHd
Ravaryn
White winter hymnal Tumblr_inline_ow8tn3N1Pg1urqydq_500

Character sheet
Race: Mage
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t72-arianna-ylindar-crown-pr
i've lived my life both good and bad,
definitely not as light as a feather
It was as if Raanan had decided to all of a sudden thoroughly test the relationship between the Ylindars and the Tryggs. After the Crown Princess' first meeting with the new Governess —which had gone just about as well as anyone could imagine— the deity had thrown another debacle their way. Arianna had only narrowly prevented Rán Trygg from starting a full-fledged war for something Fauna had done. It was safe to say it wasn't the best continuance of their relationship.

As the Governess was still in Ishgard, and Arianna presumed her to be for the remainder of the year, she had invited her on a ride. The Princess figured that the lands surrounding Ishgard would be a much better atmosphere to improve her relationship with Lady Trygg, as the woman wouldn't be constrained by the royal court and palace walls. The weather was perfect: cold, yet no snow. She had already saddled Muirrean and was waiting patiently by the gates of the palace. She figured Rán Trygg would be an excellent rider, but so was she. Perhaps they could even enjoy themselves.

& Rán Trygg

Outfit
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:42 pm
Governess of Norwyn
Rán Trygg
Rán Trygg
Renske
White winter hymnal Unknown
Ravaryn
White winter hymnal F245ffaf6ee6703716b33adc49ccfe37

Character sheet
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t215-ran-asta-trygg-governes
she laughs at fear, she does not shy away from the sword.
Rán had wanted to immediately turn back home after the horrible events of the past few days. She had her household pack everything back up already. She could only whisper the word and they would be in Norwyn in mere days. But no, the gods would not have it, as she was now trotting down the lanes on a piebald pony. Apparently she could be whistled to the palace like a dog. But any wise woman would not deny an invite from the princess, especially not as she felt like the princess wanted to keep the bond between their families intact. Her cousin had almost made Rán raise up arms against the royal family, and now she was more troubled than she had ever been, but her only comfort was the mystery glass dagger that she kept on het body at all times.

But for the princess she would keep up appearances like nothing had happened. And for the activity she had chosen, she was rather pleased. It was very exciting to leave the city. She patted the pony on the neck as she approached the palace gates. She preferred the small, sturdy horses, who were suited for rough terrain and snow. She pulled up the reins as she kept her mare waiting for her as she halted near the princess. ‘‘Your highness,’’ she greeted her with a small nod. The princess looked impeccable in her bedazzled riding gear. Rán raised an eyebrow and eventually half a smile as she turned her pony around again having to look up a bit to the princess on her taller steed. ‘‘Shall we move on before the cold creeps up?’’ the governess suggested, not wasting any time on pleasantries, as she was still deciding if the princess was friend or foe.    
into the fray
The quiver rattles against her side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement she eats up the ground. She cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:10 pm
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
The two families that ruled the north, the royal Ylindars and the noble Tryggs, had stood side by side since the dawn of time. The same blood ran through their veins and after all, blood ran thicker than water. But lately their relationship felt more frosty than ever. After recent events, Arianna had vowed to her father she ensure no animosity would rule the lands. But to do that she had to win over one person first.

Going out riding was possibly the best activity Arianna could suggest to someone like Rán Trygg. It had been quite obvious that their first meeting ⁠—when they had been drinking tea⁠— wasn't at all in the Lady's comfort zone. So today they would participate in something up both their alleys. A smile appeared on her face when she spotted the other woman. "My Lady," she greeted her with the same respect the Governess had shown her. The lady was on a smaller horse than Arianna herself, more of a pony actually, but that wouldn't matter. "A sound idea." She said as she gently tapped Muirrean on the sides to walk out of the gates. Two guards joined them, yet keeping a respectable distance between them. They reached the city gates soon enough as they kept up a steady pace. "I look forward to seeing if you're as great a rider as they say." Arianna told the woman as she shot her a quick smile. She left little time for an answer as she urged her white mare ahead once again, so that they could start gallopping through the fields surrounding Ishgard.

Outfit
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:51 pm
Governess of Norwyn
Rán Trygg
Rán Trygg
Renske
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Rán did not waver her eyes from the princess. The governess was still on edge underneath the surface. She was occupied with a thousand things and somehow with all her problems, she ended up on a leisurely trail ride with a princess. Rán took both of her reins in one hand and gave a curt nod as the princess agreed with her and she steered the pony next to the princess' grey mare. Rán's head turned over her shoulder as they were being shadowed by two guards and the governess could not suppress rolling her eyes. At least they would be safe.  

Princess Arianna said something like that she was a good rider. A small chuckle rolled over her lips. Of course she could ride. But it also seemed like a challenge. And Rán could just not back down from a challenge. ‘‘They say a lot about me, it seems,’’ she responded, but she did not know if it reached her ears, as she pushed her mare forward. Rán clicked her tongue and her pony quickened into a trot.

It was not a long way to reach the fields around Ishgard. She looked back at the princess and then glancing over her shoulders to the guards once more. The cobbled streets had replaced for dirt roads, soft enough to pick up the pace a bit more as cold, hazy fields stretched out before them. ‘‘What about a race?’’ She looked at the princess again. ‘‘To that tree uphill,’’ she said, pointing to the lone tree. She drew her eyes back at the princess. If she wanted to see her ride, she could? A quick, mischievous smile came on her lips. And without further warning, she dug her heels in the flanks of her pony and gave her free rein to spurt off. The pony collected it hindquarters underneath her and she shot off up the trail. Rán leaned forwards and stood up in her stirrups, looking back with a broad smile.

trouwens nog een leuke fitcheck
into the fray
The quiver rattles against her side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement she eats up the ground. She cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:30 pm
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
While it might seem like a leisurely ride to most, and in essence it could be just that, there was much more at stake today. For Arianna, this was a diplomatic mission of sorts. A way to reach out to the Governess and show her that she had the best interest of both their families at heart. Thusfar it was going reasonably well, but they had only just left the gates of the city. "They say a lot about you because I asked." Arianna answered with a smile as she looked at the lady. Of course she had wanted to know what the new ruler of Norwyn was like.

When they reached the wide fields surrounding Ishgard the Princess took a moment to breathe in the cold air. She adored this time of year. A semi-surprised look appeared on her face as Lady Trygg suggested a race. Now that sounded alluring. Before Arianna could even answer, the other woman had already given her pony a sign to dash away. Arianna quickly did the same, spurring on Muirréan to fly off on the trail. The grey mare quickly gained speed, gallopping away towards the tree. The lady moved along with her horse effortlessly, giving the horse free rein to go as fast as she could. She was besides the Governess soon enough and shot her the same smile that the woman had given her earlier. If she wanted a race, a race was what she'd be given.  "I hope you're not a sore loser!" Arianna shouted at her companion as she looked towards the tree once more. As they neared the lonesome tree, she gained more distance between the two of them. There it was: the finish line. As Raanan would have it, she was the first to cross.

(Arianna: 1, Rán: 0 xoxo )

Outfit
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 pm
Governess of Norwyn
Rán Trygg
Rán Trygg
Renske
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Rán did not know if she was supposed to be flattered or intimidated. Why was she prying into her? Was she interested or just trying to size her up. How more time she got to spend with the princess, the more confusing she was becoming. Or rather; how more the picture she had painted herself of the princess started to shift. Rán grabbed the reins in both hands and nudged the pony in a faster trot to keep up with the grey mare. ‘‘I suppose I should ask around more about you, princess. You seem to get an advantage.’’ Rán gave her grace a small, cheeky smile before looking forwards to the countryside again.

Rán was just testing the princess. If she was supposed to be a fine rider, she just wanted to see if the princess would be able to keep up or - funnier so - would freak out. But no, her royal steed had soon caught up with her and she shot her a smug smile when they were galopping next to eachother. Rán was not able to hide all the surprise from her face, but soon a determined look replaced it. When the princess started to gain ground, she dug her heels in the side of the piebald pony one last time. But it was no use, as the mare stretched her legs and reached the finish line with some lengths to spare.

Rán laughed as she pulled up to the tree. ‘‘Woah,’’ she eased her pony. She gave her a quick pat. ‘‘Fair race, princess,’’ she called towards Arianna. Of course, Rán was quite a bit of a sore loser. So when she turned around towards the princess again, she had to have some excuses. ‘‘It was because your horse is bigger, of course,’’ she said quickly. ‘‘But not bad, I must admit.’’ She extended her hands towards the princess to take her loss with some grace. Let them shake on it, but she had an amused look on her face. Okay, she could ride. But that did not mean she was not a spoiled lady after all.
into the fray

Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:38 pm
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
It was custom for the Crown Princess of Ravaryn to know all about the governing families of her country. Whilst it was expected of Arianna to study the Governess, the Princess had to admit she had put in even more effort than she usually did. There was something inherently compelling about the other woman. "You could, I'd be curious to know what they say about me." She said with a smile on her face. "While I hear so many stories about other people, no one ever tells me what they think of me." She mused. She supposed no one dared to tell her.

A race commenced between the two of them. Once Arianna gained ground on the Governess there truly was no question as to who won. With a somewhat triumphant look on her face she looked at the other lady. "And an admirable effort, my lady." She said with a smile. That very smile turned into a grin when Lady Trygg started making excuses for herself. Did Arianna detect a sore loser? "Not bad?" She questioned with a chuckle. But nonetheless she gracefully shook the other woman's hand. "Should we ride on?" She asked as she looked out on the plains surrounding the city. They stil had a lot of time left and the weather didn't look like it would turn on them any time soon.

Outfit
Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:17 pm
Governess of Norwyn
Rán Trygg
Rán Trygg
Renske
Ravaryn

Character sheet
This girl was somehow wittier every sentence she spoke. Rán took the reins in one hand as she looked at the princess, studying her for a moment as she spoke about not knowing what the people thought of her. ‘‘I will,’’ she eventually said after a moment. ‘‘Us women in power should look out for each other, shouldn't we?’’ Especially what the men that were envious of their standings would say behind their backs. She could almost hear it already. A woman was no ruler, she should look pretty, smile happy and produce heirs for the men. Rán had yet to prove herself a great ruler, but she had proven herself capable to stand her ground among men in the battlefield. A position in court was not far distance from a battlefield, she had discovered already.

Rán looked annoyed, wanting to stick her tongue out at the princess as if she was her little sister, and yes, she was a sore loser. She shook her hand and Rán mustered a smile when she echoed her "not bad". ‘‘That's what I said,’’ she said when her eyes narrowed a bit as she smiled. ‘‘Beginners luck,’’ she then added with a raise of her eyebrow, and she nudged her pony on to turn around again. ‘‘Let's,’’ she agreed. ‘‘Let our horses breath,’’ she added quickly, as if it was about the horses, and not about spending more time on the road with the princess. Imagine.
into the fray

Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:35 pm
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
It used to be a rare thing to see a woman in power in Ravaryn. Its people were resilient, without a doubt, but their prejudice used to be so resolute. Nowadays, things weren't quite the same anymore. There were more women in charge, yet not enough in Arianna's own mind. "We should." The princess agreed with a knowing smile. "Our world can be so unkind to women," she said pensively. "That we should always lend each other a helping hand."

The race was won by Arianna herself, which made a rather triumphant look appear on her delicate face. She was all for a little friendly competition with the governess, if not only to show her she wasn't just some idle princess. "We must race again someday if you believe this to be beginner's luck." She said. "I don't mind experiencing a winner's triumph once again." She continued as her smile turned into a grin. Their journey continued, now at a slower pace. Arianna enjoyed the silence that befell them. Briefly, she closed her eyes as she let the soft but cold wind rush by her. "I wonder what your men will say when I tell them all about my victory." The remark was as light as air, yet it was clear that the princess enjoyed taunting the governess, who was somewhat of a sore loser.

Outfit
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:41 pm
Governess of Norwyn
Rán Trygg
Rán Trygg
Renske
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Rán listened to the words of the princess as she let her pony walk on a loose rein, patting her on her neck one last time. She snorted happily. The little mare seemed to enjoy to stretch her legs as well. ‘‘Well, it's about time change happened,’’ she spoke determined to the princess. ‘‘Men only seem to respect one thing: strength,’’ she continued. ‘‘I had to fight for respect, ever since I was a little girl. But I never gave up and that's why my men are loyal to me now.’’ She looked back at the princess. ‘‘And yes, I agree. Strong women should stay together.’’

The princess continues to taunt her over her victory. Rán rolled her eyes and sat back in her saddle. She really started to sound like her little sister now. However, the governess could not force down a little smile. ‘‘Next time I'll be in Ishgard, expect a rematch,’’ she said with that same smile as she looked over once more. She patted her pony behind the saddle as she looked over to the fields, enjoying the view for a moment. The princess was however dauntless, as she pressed another blow at her. Rán looked over with a suprised smile on her face. She exhaled sharply as she shook her head. ‘‘They would say that I should have picked a bigger horse,’’ she shot back at her with that same smirk on her face. ‘‘And I'll say the truth, that I let you win, of course.’’
into the fray

Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:24 pm
Arianna Ylindar
Arianna Ylindar
Ro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Their world could be so very cruel to women, especially that held the kind of power they did. Both of the ladies seemed to think so. Arianna listened intently to what the governess had to say about the matter, nodding along in agreement. "There are many ways of displaying strength. The one you chose is much more resilient than the one most men know. It it what will keep you in power." she said ever so philosophically. Then, a smile appeared on her face. "Then let's stay together." She suggested. They could do little but persevere, yet they could do it together.

It wasn't only thought-out words and keen observations on their ride. Arianna found herself enjoying the banter she had with the governess. "I would gladly grant you a rematch," she promised with a grin on her face. As she threw her taunts the governess' way, they came back just as hard. With a bit of a surprised look on her face a light-hearted laugh left her lips. "I did not think you to be a liar, governess." She said. "Maybe I will have you thrown in chains for high treason then." She suggested as casually as someone might suggest a cup of tea. "Or maybe I'll condemn you to an even worse fate: accompanying me to grand balls in shimmery dresses." She thought it just might be the woman's greatest nightmare.

Outfit
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:09 pm
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum