Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
not so unbothered
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
not so unbothered  Photo-1572955034117-bbe6e291fab0?ixlib=rb-1.2
Ashmoor
not so unbothered  Mayicon

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t535-maybel-madeline-winter#
bedazzle
Excuse me. I have to go make a scene.
Maybel was lounging in the family estates sun room, where warm sunbeams made there way through grand windows, making her feel rosy every time she was here. For know she was curled up in the chaise lounge, a poetry book in her hands, and a cushion hugged tight against her chest. She did like poetry, but only when it was simple and it made sense. Sometimes she had the feeling poets just jotted down random words and called it art, only for their snob friends to nod in agreement. And for why? Look smart or something? Maybel wasn't too proud to admit that she was not that smart. Not smart enough for art, anyway.

Maybel noticed approaching footsteps and she looked up from her book. It was the perfect timing, it had just started to stop making sense. When her cousin approached, a small smile erupted on her face. ‘‘Hello, Alison,’’ she greeted the most important Winter daughter. Maybel was happy to give Alison that title. It meant that she was now engaged, and she was happy to go about as she pleased. ‘‘I like your new little guard,’’ Maybel mused, hiding a big grin behind her book. ‘‘He reminds me of myself.’’
@ali <3

Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:49 pm
Heiress to Ashmoor
Alison Winter
Alison Winter
Cat
not so unbothered  JS82q3hE_o
Ashmoor
not so unbothered  3dbd24242f6026d5ec56a12c1794e522e57beedc

Character sheet
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t24-alison-winter-heiress-of

oh to be loved is not a crime
It deserved to be said: Alison was in a good mood. Which wasn't a rare occurrence per se, but with everything that she had going on she didn't always have time to actually enjoy a good day. But today was different. It had started with her favourite pastry for breakfast, followed by a lovely ride with Ivy and topped by the fact that her hair still looked amazing afterwards. She was just on her way back to her quarters to wash up and get changed when she noticed a familiar figure lounging as if she had just come back from a long day of work. As if, of course.

"Maybel! Hello." she greeted her cheerfully. Her cousin was a bit eccentric in the way she sometimes dealt with things, but she couldn't blame her, really. The way they had grown up had been anything but ordinary and they all had their own way of figuring out how to navigate this world. Unfortunately, one of Maybel's many talents that she had learned in her 21 years on this earth was the impeccable ability to ruin someone's day within seconds. For some, that happened as soon as they saw her face. For Alison, it happened the moment she mentioned her current least favourite person. A grimace appeared on her face, any cheer she previously had disappearing as snow on a hot day. "Ugh, must you remind me?" she groaned, sitting down on a couch opposite her cousin. "I truly do not understand why my father hired him. Honestly, I think you would do a better job." Maybel might be small, but she was vicious. And scary.
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
Ashmoor

Character sheet
bedazzle
Maybel had struck a nerve and she almost felt sorry for her joke. Because it was meant as a bit of a playful joke, but Alison looked like she had kicked her dog or something. Maybel hid her face even more behind her book as she felt the grin grow. She just had to compose herself, while Alison started complaining. She laughed cheerfully when Alison said she would do a better job. ‘‘I bet,’’ she said fiercely. She threw away her book on the couch and set up straight, her shoulders rolled back like a proper knight. ‘‘At your service, milady Winter,’’ she said theatrically, after which she made a small bow. She couldn’t contain the posture for long, before falling backwards against the couch again.

‘‘I’m sorry, Alison. I’m sure he’s great,’’ she then apologized herself. Alison looked miserable. Was it that bad? Maybel usually just ignored the guards her father ordered to follow her around. She pretended to just not notice them, like they were probably ordered to. To follow her stealthily and perk up whenever she was in trouble. But she did notice, she just didn’t care anymore. ‘‘I’m sure he’s useful. He is pocket-size! You can just whip him out whenever you need him.’’ Maybel again could not hide the grin that started to grow on her face. She shouldn’t tease her cousin like that, but it was just a bit too easy today.
tag / notes

Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:42 pm
Heiress to Ashmoor
Alison Winter
Alison Winter
Cat
not so unbothered  JS82q3hE_o
Ashmoor
not so unbothered  3dbd24242f6026d5ec56a12c1794e522e57beedc

Character sheet
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t24-alison-winter-heiress-of

oh to be loved is not a crime
She couldn't help a chuckle escaping from her lips as Maybel tried to act like a proper guard. "Maybel, with all due respect, I don't think I've seen you be at service to anyone, ever." she said, one brow pulled up at the ridiculousness of it all. Not that she should have to, of course, but a "hey Alison, do you need anything from the market?" could be nice from time to time. As the conversation went back to the imp that was her guard, she heaved a heavy sigh, throwing back her upper body against the couch to dramatically look up to the ceiling. This way, she did not see Maybel's face, but she could practically hear the grin in her voice so that might be for the best anyway.

"Yes, but I'm not pocket-size!" she groaned. "What if someone throws something at my head?" It was a genuine concern of hers. She wasn't too afraid of something like that happening, but the whole reason they all had guards was that it could. "He talks too much, he lacks manners and he doesn't know how to ride. I feel like a babysitter more than anything." she said sulkily. Of course there were bigger issues in the world, but this was someone that was constantly with her, so it did have quite an impact on her life. She turned her head, shifting her gaze from the ceiling to the cousin as an idea popped into her head. "Can we trade? Please?" she begged her cousin, complete with puppy dog eyes on her face. Maybel's guards were no Garrett, but it would be better than Nyx.
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:33 am
The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
Ashmoor

Character sheet
bedazzle
Maybel laughed with her cousin at her theatrics. And she looked quasi-insulted when Alison basically called her egoïstic. ‘‘Auch. You hurt me, my dear cousin,’’ she replied sarcastically. Maybel looked back up at her. ‘‘I do… things.’’ It wasn’t like they all asked her to do things. But she hang out with them from time to time. She showed her favourite restaurants and places to have a drink. And if she wasn’t so much shorter than them, she would borrow her clothes.. for sure!

Alison was so dramatic. Maybel couldn’t hide the giggles any longer and pressed her hands before her mouth. Was she really afraid of her live. She could make some more clever remarks about that she hoped her guard could jump well, but Alison’s rant continued. ‘‘He does sound like me!’’ she chuckled. ‘‘So it can’t be too bad.’’ Maybel looked back at Alison, who had popped back up again. And the look on her face did not predict much good.

‘‘No way!’’ she answered her cousin without thinking too much in the first place. Her guard did sound annoying. She didn’t want someone running along asking questions and talking to much all the time. And plus, it was so much fun to see Alison suffer for once. But a small idea worked her way up her brain too. ‘‘Although… Hypothetically, if we would trade, what’s in it for me?’’
tag / notes

Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:22 pm
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum