Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
Cats and other creatures
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Cats and other creatures 1XNHQ6yO_o
Ashmoor
Cats and other creatures Tumblr_p7tdfuRdB91wwhs5lo2_400

Character sheet
Race: Mage
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t272-remiel-darleston
When you're living in your mind, and nostalgia holds you in dark places
Like almost every other night, Remy opened her windows and grabbed her notebook and feather with ink to sneak out of the house. She was always very careful with closing the window again, because she didn’t want to wake up her caretakers. If only they knew how many times she had already slipped away, and ventured out into the night, they would barricade her window so that she could never escape again. But she could never help it, there had always been something about the night that called out to her. She wanted to be out there underneath the stars, and she didn’t know why.

Silently she creeped over the houses and their roofs towards a little spot where she could see most of the night sky. Her favorite spot. For a moment she took a little breath as she sat down. There was a crate there and a bucket, as usual, and she was able to get comfortable by placing the crate in front of her, so she was able to draw on it. Why these things were there, she didn’t know, maybe someone had one day left them there and had forgotten about them. Either way, she didn’t really mind because she was able to use them.

After a short while of sitting there, and drawing the stars, she was suddenly interrupted by some company. It started with some soft miauwing, something that had been able to draw her attention at first, but then the kitty came asking for cuddles. She smiled softly as she was stroking the soft fur, but then the cat accidentally bumped his butt against the bucket, tipping it over the edge of the roof. Remy quickly tried to grab it, but she was too late. And at the same time she heard the bucket come down, she could also hear someone groan, meaning the bucket had probably landed on someone’s head? Swiftly she moved her hands in front of her mouth, to not make a sound. Maybe secretly hoping that person would just walk away without any suspicions. But her curiosity wasn’t helping her case as she softly got up and tried to glance down at the victim, very carefully. ”Are you alright?” She asked, giving herself away, even though she couldn’t yet see the person standing beneath the roof. As, well, she couldn't help asking since worry was spreading over her.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:03 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Cats and other creatures OTwu4s1
Ashmoor
Cats and other creatures 59b076ec978cf5ffc7d20726da5a498b3cbf135e

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t613-luca-winter
It’s a cruel and random world,

Had he cooled down by the time he was walking around in the city? Quite. Yet the idea itself still appalled him. Duty or not. It sucked and he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to actually ever love the woman his father would pick. For all he knew Matthew would hold no regard to his wishes and would get him to marry some annoying bimbo. No. That idea made his skin crawl to say the least. A sigh slipping over his lips. Actually on his way to a bar to get rid of his thoughts with the help of some alcohol, he moved through the dark streets. His attention not really with his surroundings. Not that he could be blamed for it.

Yet it made the next event able to happen. An iron bucket slammed his head harshly. It had come from out of the skies and it had hit him with a certain amount of power. Which made it hurt like hell. Groaning shortly as he rubbed his head. A bump already forming. For crying out loud. It really was one thing after the other today. As if Renestrae herself wanted it that way.  His gaze shot up after a little while, not really seeing someone right away. Until a head appeared. He couldn’t quite see who it was. But from where he stood, he did manage to notice her long hair. Telling him it was indeed a woman was her voice.

’Have you ever had a bucket land on top of your head with some force behind it? How do you think I am?’ He sighed shortly. Leaning with his hand against the wall. ’You often drop down buckets on the street?’ Was he annoyed? Maybe a little. Angry? Not right away. Accidents could happen after all.

but the chaos is all so beautiful.
MONTY
Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:55 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
Remiël was very careful with giving herself away after the bucket had been dropped on someone’s head. Ofcourse, it hadn’t been her fault, but she wasn’t sure if the person would believe her if she told him it had been a cat. Besides, she didn’t want her parents to know she had been up here, so she wasn’t able to give her identity away to someone who knew her parents. Certainly not if that one person would hold a grudge against her for this. But her curiosity was growing, and she couldn’t help herself from asking if the person was doing alright, gentilly trying to look over the edge at the young man.

His answer didn’t surprise her much, because she could imagine that a bucket falling on top of one’s head could hurt a lot. It wasn’t exactly a soft object to begin with. ”I’m sorry..” She softly told him, apologizing, even if she hadn’t been the one to throw the bucket onto his head. ”No,” She then quickly said when he asked her if she did it often. ”In fact, I wasn’t really the one who dropped it.” She said, now bending her head moreover the roof, and quickly enough, she was joined by the cat, who decided to look down as well, miauwing. ”It was my friend here.” She smiled, hoping he wouldn’t mind. After all, he didn’t look like a grumpy old man, so maybe he was friendly enough?

Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:41 am
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

Someone had spoken after that bucket had plunged on his head. Really, he should start walking around with an actual helmet on his head or something. An attack on his life had just been made! Luckily, he wasn’t half as dramatic as some other members of his family were. Or the culprit would’ve been in real trouble. The woman had apologized while he was looking up at her, for the best. Briefly rubbing his head again, it was okay. No real harm was done, or well that’s what he told himself. There wasn’t that much pain anymore so it told him more than enough.

When she mentioned she hadn’t done it he frowned. Laughing as a cat appeared. ’Are you actually blaming the cat?’ He joked, grinning up. ’Tell me, how do I get up there? If you don’t mind that is.’ A faint smile curling around his lips. Maybe he could spend some time up there with her. Would be nice actually. But well, he let her decide if she wanted him to come up or not. If anything, he wasn’t going to force anything. But he didn’t really feel the need to get home already.

MONTY

Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:53 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
Remy didn’t like to cause other people harm, and hearing that the bucket had fallen on someone’s head had certainly shocked her. Even if it hadn’t been her fault entirely, she still felt responsible. After all, she had been giving the cat attention, and that had ultimately caused the bucket to fall. So, indirectly, it was her fault. But when he called her out on it, she softly bit her lip. ”Well, yes, kinda.” She honestly replied to him, not wanting to admit her stupid mistake. Or, maybe it wouldn’t really hurt her to be more truthful.. ”But I suppose I might be to blame as well.”

However, then he suddenly asked her how he was able to get up there, and for a moment she opened her mouth in surprise. Oh shit, she had not expected that. Her head softly peaked over the edge again to look at him again, but he didn’t seem that dangerous? Right? In fact, he didn’t even look angry. ”No, I euhm.. I came from a window, but I believe there is a garbage can right around that corner.” She told him, as maybe that was another possible way to get up there. Remy pointed at it before she walked into that direction, and indeed, there was a huge garbage can. ”Maybe I can give you a hand?” She then asked, because it was still too high for him to climb up there by himself.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:55 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

The man chuckled ever so softly. Right. Okay, not what he expected. But he could see the humor in it. That or he had a severe concussion. Which could also be the case. Though, he didn’t really have a headache of sorts so he ruled that out himself. But a nice bump was forming on where the bucket had landed. Nothing too bad. ’Ah, sharing the blame. I bet your little friend up there is very happy about that.’ The man playfully smirked and shook his head. Now to actually get up there. If she’d allow him that was.

Briefly he followed the direction she pointed to with his eyes. Could potentially be dangerous. But he did walk up to the garbage can. Climbing up, and looking when she offered her help. ’You think you can lift me a bit? I promise to jump as well.’ A warm smile curled around his lips as he stretched up his arm to her. If anything he wouldn’t let her pull him up, because he simply was too broadly built for her to be actually capable of pulling him up entirely.

MONTY

Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:47 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
The moment the young man responded to her words, suggesting her little friend would be happy about that, a ‘miauw’ could be heard. Remiël softly chuckled, looking at her side, to the cat. ”I suppose we are now partners in crime, looking to disturb every gentleman walking down the street with a bucket on his head.” She joked, letting her imagination run free for a moment. If anything, Remy had a very vivid imagination, and well, that was now not as much of a secret anymore. ”I believe you may have simply caught us red handed.” She then added, before she started looking for a way to get him up on the roof.

It wasn’t that high of a roof, but still high enough to where the garbage can wouldn’t be enough for him to stand on. But, at least it would make things a bit easier. He quickly managed to climb up on the garbage can, and then she offered her hand to help him up. She nodded when he asked her if she could lift him up a bit, and he promised that he would jump as well. When he reached out his arm to her, she took hold of his hand. ”Ready?” She asked him, taking a firmer grip on his hands. ”I’ll count to three. One. Two.” Remiël added, to make things a bit more easy for them. Not mentioning the three because she began to pull him on the three. Though, the moment she managed to pull him over the edge, she lost her own footing, falling backwards while pulling him with her. And now.. Now they were laying together on a roof. Quickly she tried to crawl out from underneath him. ”Oh, I’m so sorry!” She said, again, placing a hand in front of her mouth. ”I didn’t mean..” She went on, stumbling over her own words in a rush of complete awkwardness.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:31 am
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

’It’s certainly a way of getting to know someone else.’ Luca grinned up at her. If anything, this was some pleasant conversation. What wasn’t pleasant was the slight throbbing where the bucket hit him in the head. Yet it wasn’t anything he couldn’t manage. ’So should I actually bring you in for attempt of murder?’ A joke, nothing but a joke. This wasn’t an attempt at anything. It was just an accident, but well teasing someone couldn’t hurt right? Getting up on the roof would be another thing though. Though if she found a way up, so could he right?

He grabbed onto her hands and nodded shortly. Soon as she started pulling he put some force behind his jump, launching him up a bit. Thanks to her being pulled up halfway along the edge, before she lost her own footing and well soon enough he fell right on top of her. Well, that was rather quick if you asked him. A slight hue coloring his cheeks. Quickly lifting himself a little bit so she could crawl away. Her words made him chuckle ever so softly. ’No, no. It’s okay. Nothing happened.’ He whispered softly, pushing himself up so he could actually sit up. Watching her for a moment. ’Calm down hm.’ A soft smile lingering around his lips. ’So, what’s your name?’

MONTY
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:33 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
I mean, yes, he had a point, it was certainly a way to get to know someone. She softly tilted her head with a smile, showing him a soft thinking face, letting him know that she was thinking about it, and getting ideas in her head. Though, she was probably lucky that this guy was kinda nice, and not making such a big deal out of it, because otherwise, it could have ended very differently. But then he asked her if he should be taking her in for a possible attempt of murder. Quickly, she play-acted to feel very distressed, placing her hand in front of her mouth. ”Oh no, please don’t, sir, I still have so much to live for.” She said, suddenly turning this into an act, even if she couldn’t help but laugh afterwards.

Yet, then she had to help him get up onto the roof. At first, the garbage can seemed like a good option, but the moment she was standing there, looking down on him, she realized how high the roof actually was. However, she wasn’t going to let the height get to her, because she was not afraid. She took his hand, and after he made a little jump, she pulled him up, until she lost her footing. Her first initial response was to freeze, when he was laying on top of her, looking up at him with some shock, until she quickly tried to move from underneath him after realizing what had happened. This had not been her intention, and it clearly showed in her posture when she backed away, feeling rather insecure and slightly embarrassed.

But when he told her nothing happened, she could feel some release in the tenseness of her body. Her breath was still going fast. She did not respond, did know even know how to respond to something like this. ”Remiël, but most people just call me Remy.” She told him when he eventually asked for her name, still holding her arms defensively in front of her chest. Suddenly, she was a lot more quiet. Still clearly a bit shaken.

Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:45 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

Luca laughed wholeheartedly by the act she put on. Perhaps this was exactly what he needed right now to get his mind off the matters that were at hand. If anything he certainly did not mind to just spend some time with the woman in question. Though then he needed to actually get up there first.Which would certainly be a task. It proved to be quite easy actually. As she pulled him over the edge rather easily, maybe due to the little jump he had made. What happened next wasn’t something he had anticipated.

Before he knew it, he was on top of her. Cheeks coloring bright red almost instantly. Trying to catch his own weight by placing his hands on the roof. Which ended up hurting like hell. But he managed to keep most of his weight off her. When she crawled away, he could almost see the embarrassment in his eyes. But he simply shook his head, calming her down. Maybe.

He had crawled up as well, sitting up on his knees and looking at her. A soft smile on his lips. ’Nothing happened okay, just a simple mistake. Anyone can make those.’ He tried again to reassure her. If anything, he didn’t mind this. It was normal right? I mean, pulling him up like that was quite the effort. ’Nice to meet you Remy, I’m Luca.’

MONTY
Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:40 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
The fact that he laughed, wholeheartedly, made her feel quite confident in the moment, feeling as if her act had at least been good enough to be funny. It had certainly reached the desired outcome, because Remy often liked to make people laugh. Since, in her own opinion, people didn’t do that often enough. And, it appeared that she actually - secretly - liked the company of the other as well. So, naturally, she helped him to get up on the roof with her. Because maybe, they were able to cheer each other up a bit? Make the night less terribly lonely.

But, helping up onto the roof had not been as much of an easy task as she had thought. Mainly due to the fact that she slipped near the end of it, making him fall right on top of her. Which was certainly more her fault then his, so she wouldn’t be able to blame it on him. However, there was an immediate awkwardness between them, and color on her cheeks was reflected back by the color on his cheeks. This told her that he felt the same. Even if he did try to calm her down afterwards.

He was rather good at it though, as he tried to reassure her that nothing happened. She let out a relieved breath, feeling better now that she knew he was not thinking more of this. Then he actually introduced himself, after he had asked for her name. ”Luca,” She repeated his name, so that she was able to remember it better. ”The boy who suffered a bucket to his head.” Remy then added, to make it even easier. The cat also came walking back to them, giving him a little headbut to his knee because it wanted attention. ”See, this is exactly how it happened.” She then laughed, pointing at the cat. The cat really much liked attention, so much so that it needed to throw buckets in order to get it.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:56 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

A turn of events he hadn’t foreseen. But he gladly took it, since it took his mind off the horrendous news that had been shared with him. Hoisting him up wasn’t the easiest task and well they did end up on top of each other on that rooftop. But he could see the humor in it. Though Remy apparently didn’t, she grew flustered and well so did he. To say the least. But it was all just a mistake, so honestly why make a fuss about it when these things could literally happen to anyone?

A short smile lingered around his lips when it didn’t seem to dawn who he was. He liked that. It gave people the actual chance to get to know him. Instead of people who already had their minds made up about him and his family. ’I’m happy that you’ll remember me by that.’ He smirked, but very soon he was met by the cat. Making him grin, gently reaching out to the animal so it could sniff his hand.

’How do you know this spot hm? It’s quite calm here. I like it.’

MONTY
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
Maybe, deep down, she did see how them landing on top of each other could be considered a little bit funny, and maybe later on in the conversation she could possibly mention it was such, but she was still a bit shaken by it now. Mainly because she had not seen it coming, and well.. They had been awfully close to each other at that moment. Those things often made Remy a bit shy, because she did not have a lot of experience with a lot of boys, and there was only one she ever actually fancied. But she had always been too scared to let him know.

”Oh so, you’re saying you didn’t mind the bucket falling on top of your head?” She asked him when he told her he was happy she would remind him of that little fact. Or maybe, he was just simply happy she would remember him at all, but she doubted that would be the case. ”Maybe I should remember it for the next time we meet.” She added with a smile, making it seem like she was already past everything that had happened before. Her eyes shortly lingered on his face, before they moved to look at the cat showing up again, trying to get some attention from the two of them. When he reached out with his hand to let the cat smell him, it pushed his head against the boy’s hand, clearly wanting to be pet. ”I think he likes you.”

”Well, honestly..” She started, before repositioning herself again. Making herself more comfortable as they were sitting on the roof, shortly looking around for a moment. ”I found it when I tried to get out of my room once, when I was younger, and I simply climbed through the window. Now I come here to escape my daily life.” She told him, looking back at him with an endearing smile, raising her shoulders softly in a shrug, making it seem very simple. As if everyone did what she did, even if that surely wasn’t the case, or else they would find a lot more people sitting on these roofs.

Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:40 am
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

He didn’t really understand the fuss. Sure, it was a bit awkward. But it wasn’t all that bad. Nothing had really happened and although not common, these kinds of things surely happened to other people as well. Being clumsy was just a thing after all. And while he usually was the first one to turn shy with these kinds of matters, this was simply an accident. That probably could’ve been avoided if he had found another way to get up here. But he doubted if there was another way to be fair.

’Well, I did. But it brought me here hm?’ The man grinned softly at her. Shortly shrugging. If anything he’d have a good bump tomorrow. But right now was what mattered wasn’t it? To him, it seemed like he would’ve at least had a decent time now with the good company of the cat. The thought made him chuckle briefly, not the cat alone. ’I think you should remember indeed.’ Was there a chance of them meeting again? Maybe. If anything it all depended on who she really was after all and in what kind of places she usually turned up. The cat pressed his little head against his hand and he chuckled, scratching the animal behind his ear. ’I think he liked you first though?’

’Escape your daily life? Sorry if I’m too blunt, but that doesn’t really sound good.’ The man calmly spoke, shortly biting his lip as he looked at her. Soon enough his eyes moved back over the rooftops. To look at the city from this point, it almost felt calming. Like they truly were someplace else. ’And the cat? Just a stray or does this little guy happen to be yours?’

MONTY

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:56 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
There was something about Remiël always speaking her own mind, without filter, and without thinking sometimes. This usually happened more with people she was familiar with, but maybe due to the bucket falling on top of this poor guy’s head, and the fact that he didn’t scold her for it, it had given them a bit of a story. Besides, Remy usually felt better when she was sitting on rooftops. Somehow, it made her feel more at ease, and more hidden away from the busy life on the streets. Not that the streets were busy at night, but still.

”So, at first you did, but now you don’t?” She asked him, again, for clarity, with a smile on her face. Somewhere, deep down, that question intrigued her. Mainly because she loved to know what was going on in other people’s heads. And she didn’t mind people who were a bit weird in their way of thinking. They were often much more interesting than regular boring people. ”Well, now I definitely will.” She told him when he told her to remember. ”If you promise not to tell anyone about my little secret.” Remy then continued, because she didn’t like to see many people following her example when it actually came down to climbing on rooftops. It was the only place where she felt truly safe, being away from people. Even though she was now sharing the rooftop with him.

”That does not mean he likes you any less.” She told him as he was scratching the cat behind his ear, and Remy could tell the cat was really enjoying the attention it was given. But the fact that the cat simply knew her longer, because she came here almost every night, did not take away from the fact that the cat loved attention from anyone who could offer it.

The other seemed to take notice of the fact her words didn’t actually mean something good, even though she was speaking them to him with a smile upon her face. ”Well, maybe it’s not as bad as it sounds, but I guess I don’t really like places that are .. crowded.” She eventually explained, giving him another soft smile as a soft color began to appear on her cheeks. Feeling like she was spilling almost all her secrets to him without even realizing it. Or well, not all her secrets, because she still had a lot more, and then there were also secrets she couldn’t tell anyone. ”I guess I think he is a stray, because he comes here every night, but honestly, I don’t know. It does seem like he’s being fed.” She explained to him, while giving the cat a few more pets as he pushed his head against her legs, switching from going back to her and him all the time.

Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:15 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

’Guess that happens when decent company is involved.’ The man chuckled playfully. See, if this had been anyone else with a far less inviting demeanor, that would have caused problems no matter what. But she had apologized and that alone already meant something. Shortly he chuckled, he doubted that she would have any trouble remembering him if she knew his last name. But in the end, he wasn’t one to blurt that out in the open, most people did already know him no matter what standing. But well, if anything he liked to get to know people just as Luca. Disregarding his last name most of the time. It was simply who he was. ’I doubt I have people in my friend list that are interested in sitting on rooftops though.’ He assured her. Nah, he wouldn’t tell a soul about this place. Yet maybe, he would start to use it as well. It was pretty darn quiet here and it gave a person some time to clear his mind.

’It’s a cat they are prone to take a liking in anyone that scratches their head.’ Such an easy life they had. Really, the life of a cat. Certainly, an interesting thing to write about, and even more interesting to actually change into one. But those were just things in his mind. After all, a thing like magic was forbidden here. Not that he had ever understood why. But for those who even showed a hint of magic, the judgment fell upon them. Yeah, not something worth thinking about since it would give him goosebumps. A smile curled around his lips when he watched the cat go to Remy. See, they were just attracted to people that gave them attention.

Luca listened with intent, a light frown appearing on his head. But then a smile did break through and a nod followed. ’I understand. I’m not the biggest fan of crowds as well. I quite enjoy being on my own.’ But that had more to do with how he was raised and thoroughly disliked by his own father. Nothing new about that. The slight hue on her cheeks was something he caught, but he decided to keep silent about it. She was already flustered enough. ’Good, otherwise I would’ve taken him home.’ To spite his father? For sure. But also because well, having a little cuddle bug like that. Yeah, he would enjoy that.

MONTY

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:46 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
”Decent?” She quickly asked him, almost as if she was offended, but allowing the sound of his chuckle to bring a wide smile onto her face. And maybe, for a moment, there was actually a hint of playfulness to be found in her eyes. Not even realizing that this could even be seen as flirting. Maybe because Remy had always been so very unaware of how her behavior could come across, or at how charming she could be at times. ”Is that all you think of me?” She curiously asked him, before smiling and looking away as she continued to smile. Feeling herself getting a bit shy again, probably because of the nature of her question.

That was until she asked him to keep this place a secret, and then he added that he doubted he had any friends who would be interested in climbing on the roofs. ”Sounds like such a shame.” Or so, she supposed. Perhaps a bit short minded, or possibly boring. She didn’t know why, but somehow, it also sounded like he didn’t like all his friends that much, and that made her feel a bit more sad actually. For a moment it even showed, as the look she gave him was drowned with some sympathy for him. Not that she wanted to pity him, but still.

His comment about the cat made her smile again, and the cat came walking back to her as she gave it another stroke over it’s head and back. Purring while she did that. ”Yes, I suppose you're right.” She said while looking down, still smiling. Maybe, even if she had told him that she liked to come here to be alone, she did not quite mind his company. In the same way that she didn’t mind the company the cat gave her. Or maybe it was the fact that they were sitting on the roof in the middle of the night, when it was the most quiet, that eased her mind a bit.

It even made her speak about some of the things she didn’t tell anyone. Not even Arthur at times, even if he had been her best friend for such a long time, she was still keeping things from him as well. Like her feelings for him as an example. She usually acted like she didn’t mind the busy streets either, even if deep down, she did. So, when he spoke and told her he felt the same, she could not help but smile as she looked back up at him, diverting her attention away from the cat that was now trying to find a way to curl up into her lap. ”Sometimes it feels like I’m the only one who doesn’t like the city.” Remy went on, speaking the thoughts going through her mind. Showing a bit more honesty than usual as her mind wandered back to the forest where she had lived for only a short while, with her parents.. Because deep down, her heart had always longed to go back there, even if there was nothing for her anymore to go back to.

His comment about taking the cat, earned him yet another smile. ”And steal the only company I have at night? How dare you!” She responded, but she was clearly joking with him, because she did not look mad at all. Instead, she simply laughed, before looking down at the cat again, purring in her lap.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:27 pm
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

’Trust me, when coming from my circles decent is a compliment. Though, I can say that you are more than decent company actually.’ He teased playfully. If anything, they were just talking here so some harmless jokes felt good. He briefly tilted his head when she spoke again. ’I think a lot of things, but somebody once told me that sharing my thoughts isn’t always the best course of action.’ Luca grinned playfully. Though Remy here had nothing to worry. If anything she appeared to be one of the kinder people he had met in the last couple of months. Telling someone about this place, the only person he could actually tell was his sister. And he was quite certain that she wasn’t one to climb on rooftops or anything alike. Scared of breaking a nail or something alike. ’Nothing to worry about. I’m just a man that’s always been focused on y studies.’ He stated simply. No time for friends. And honestly, keeping friends in the Upper Circle, wasn’t an easy task to begin with.

His eyes trailed to the cat. The cutest little thing. And given that it appeared to be well fed, and quite adjusted to people told him more than enough. It had a home. But simply liked to venture out. A little adventurer. Gaze moving back over the other buildings. It was quiet here. He liked that. You come here often?’ He asked, genuinely intrigued. Maybe they could share this particular rooftop. If she’d allow that. He didn’t want to come into a spot she saw as her safespace.

Shortly he scoffed, shaking his head. ’Oh no, you’re not. Truly.’ He muttered, eyes moving back to her. And for a moment she seemed to be going back to a place in her mind. Which made him smile ever so softly. ’That place you’re going too in your mind, hold onto that hm?’ He softly stated. All assumptions off course, but he had seen something shift about her demeanor. Which said enough for him personally. He could only wonder what kind of place it would be. ’I can easily replace the cat though, on this rooftop I mean.’ Quickly giving a bit more information. Which made him chuckle ever so softly. ’Nah, it looks quite comfortable where it is.’

MONTY

Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:43 am
Ashmoor Citizen
Remiël Darleston
Remiël Darleston
Nienn Bean
Ashmoor

Character sheet
Remiël raised her eyebrows with a playful tilt of her head when he spoke again, saying decent was more of a compliment when coming from his circles, which already told her that he was probably from the upper class ring. But he finished his sentence by admitting that she was more than decent company, and that was what eventually made her respond in such a playful way to his words. Though, she could have expected that he was from the upper ring, mostly due to his clothes. ”Well, thank you, then I will most certainly take it as a compliment.” She told him, even going as far as to give him a little bow, showing her gratitude while making it seem like she was in a play. At the same time, Remy also showed some color on her cheeks.

But when he continued, she frowned. ”Who told you that?” She asked, maybe a little bit curious, even if she showed a concerned expression on her face. And deep down it actually saddened her to know he had been taught to hold back his own thoughts and ideas. However, when she thought over his words, there was probably some wisdom to be found in that sentence. ”Alright, maybe some things are not really meant to be shared, in terms of thoughts, but everyone should be allowed to have an opinion of their own.” Remiël shared, shrugging for a moment, rather cutely, with a soft smile on her face. Repositioning herself a little bit while they were still sitting on the roof.

She could not help but seem some type of sympathy towards the young man while they were talking, and he told her not to worry about anyone sneaking off towards her little roof, because he was simply a man who was focused on his studies. This actually brought back some of that curious nature again, as if she had not shown it enough already. ”What do you study?” She asked, simply because she had some interests of her own in terms of studies, but her parents didn’t have the right amount of money for it, so she had made her own notes. Then her attention was caught back to the cat, purring and snuggling on her lap. ”Every night.” She told him, very honestly, because Remy wasn’t one for keeping secrets. The glance she gave him when she looked up told him she wouldn’t especially mind if he sought her out more often either. Because she had decided she quite liked his company. And she just made a promise to him that he could always find her there.

When she admitted to him that sometimes it felt like she was the only one who didn’t like the city as much, he made sure to let her know she wasn’t the only one. That made her warm up her heart while she smiled at him, feeling like maybe she finally found someone that understood. Then, she could not help her mind from wandering to that one place she missed every time she came up here, and he seemed to have caught notice of it. She softly closed her eyes when he told her to hold on to it, even though she was quite surprised that he even knew what she had been thinking about. Because how could he have known? However, then the sad thing was that she could not tell him, since she was supposed to be born and raised in Ashmoor, not Avalon. But then she opened her eyes again when he spoke, giving him a little smirk when he told he could easily replace the cat sleeping on her lap, after which he added something to explain himself better. ”And what makes you think I would let you sleep on my lap?” She teased him, clearly joking but with a playful hint in her smile. Though, maybe if he came a bit sooner next time, he could still beat the cat to it.

Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:14 am
The Winter Family
Luca Winter
Luca Winter
-
Ashmoor

Character sheet

Frankly he quite enjoyed being here. Maybe it was stupid, but just talking with her seemed to ease his mind a bit. Which was exactly what he needed. It took away the stress about an impending marriage and what more. Shortly he chuckled at her words. Good, he didn’t want her to feel bad about anything he said. Certainly not if it actually came from a good place. Maybe not worded correctly, but at least he could tell her what he meant and she seemed to accept it like that. The frown that appeared on her face made him tilt his head for a second. ’Quite a lot of people actually.’ Lots of relatives, his father, his mother when she had been alive. Yeah, he could make quite a list of people who had told him such things. ’Perhaps. But I learned that some opinions of my own haven’t brought me a lot of good in my life.’ Which was stating it very lightly. There had been a few altercations when he was even younger, mainly with his mother that didn’t end up all too well for him.

As she asked about his studies he smiled softly. ’Engineering, advances prostheses to be exact.’ He hummed. Something he was proud of. If anything it was the one thing where he could actually make a name for himself. Which was exactly his plan. Soon he would talk to his aunt about a possibility for a contract within their army, that he could help out the wounded, but he would also have his own shop. Yes, that was the dream he was going for. ’Good to know. I think I might jin you every once in a while.’ He smiled at her. If she wouldn’t mind that was, but the look she granted him told him more than enough.

The man laughed at the remark she made. ’Cause I’m so nice and all?’ He grinned playfully. Nah, he didn’t expect that of her. It would be slightly weird as well. But it was all for shits and giggles anyway. ’What do you do in life? If I may ask?’

MONTY

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:19 pm
Sponsored content