Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
Give me your attention
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xaila Citizen
Zuhayr Rizal
Zuhayr Rizal
Jaz
Give me your attention 3UOvOIY
Xaia
Give me your attention 4eed46e8593a7bfce5d68f727c3bfc31

Character sheet
Race: Sorcerer
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t555-zuhayr-rizal

❝ A masterpiece of tragedy, turning even stars into dust. ❞
Hearing the news had made it clear to him that, perhaps, he no longer was needed here. He had smiled at her, given her support when she told him. He was happy for her. Marriage, how joyous. She would marry a wealthy man, a sorcerer for that matter. How great. She would get to stay in the balanced lands of Lemuria, where she could relax at its endless beaches and enjoy every sunset beyond the horizon. How incredible. He truly was happy for her. Who wouldn't want something like that. Being within the Vylasars inner circle also meant she would be safe and well cared for. Deimos, despite being a scrawny little guy, didn't seem to mean her any harm. And even if he did, he was but one letter away to come to her side. He had done it once before, what was a second time... A third.... A tenth. By the gods, he would get to her side a million times if she so desired, it didn't matter to him at all. As long as she was happy and safe, he was satisfied.

He had already packed his stuff when they had left for Moonbright. Not unpacking when he had gotten his room in the capitol. He wouldn't remain for long anymore, or that was his plan now. Looking out of his window and leaning on the window post, he sighed. His dark eyes focussing on the ocean that stretched out in seemingly every direction below. The sun was already nearing the horizon and soon, it would be dark once more. The festival would soon start as well. And even though he was a guest, because of Fauna, the Vylasars had made it clear he wasn't welcome during these times. It meant that he most likely wouldn't see Fauna much these following days. So, talking to her now would be the best thing for the both of them. He leaned back, slowly taking a step back and closing the window behind him. He had to move on as well, no matter how hard it was. If there was one thing he had learned these past months, it was that time was such a fleeting thing. He had let his moment slip... And now he could only carry the burden of that knowledge until the day he died. All he could do now, was find himself the best possible distraction until that day finally came. He didn't want to live the rest of his life in sorrow and pain.

He had dressed himself in some Lemurian robes. Light colours, greys, whites and some accents of blues. He had bought a few robes in the local style, just so he could blend in more. It would also make a nice souvenir. A handy one. In his pocket he had stored a little surprise. One he had crafted himself a few weeks ago when Deimos and Fauna had been busy with one another. Having no real friends in this country had driven him into a sort of solitude... And he had taken to it like fish to water. He had always been kind of loner, filling in his time with writing, working out and crafts. He had never been a social butterfly, most likely never would be. And that was fine. He slowly walked up to her door, gently knocking on it before clearing his throat. "Fauna? Are you free tonight? I was thinking of going for a walk on the beach, want to join me?" he blinked a few times, focusing his gaze back on the ground and sighing. Now... We wait.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:38 pm
Ravaryn Royal Family
Fauna Rizal
Fauna Rizal
Sans
Give me your attention SRiYB3K
Ravaryn
Give me your attention 5HMHTfV

Character sheet

loveI love you more than all the stars in the universe

It almost felt surreal to her; being offically engaged to Deimos. She should be happy; she should be able to pat herself on the back and say, "Mission accomplished." And yet she couldn't do that—not really anyway. She couldn't help but worry about her future. There were still so many things that were uncertain. She had tried to get some more answers by using astrology, but she couldn't discern any useful information from the stars. At least - nothing concrete; she did see that there would be a change in her fortune. But she had no idea in what way. Or even if it was a negative or positive change. The woman sighed and stopped combing her hair. Fauna gently placed her brush back on her vanity table, and she stared at herself in the mirror. She looked so much different than she did when she first arrived in Lemuria. She was a true northern beauty—fair skin, dark hair—and now she had something of a tan and the lightest shade of blond one could possibly have. Not only that, but she even started dressing like a local. Like a Vylasar. Trading the furs and heavily layered clothing in for light, flowy dresses in pastel colors.
And yet she still felt like an outsider, not only in this country but also in the family that she was marrying into. The fact that she was a Rizal didn't really help - not with the history the two families had with one another. The woman sighed, as she opened a drawer and retrieved a piece of paper and a pen. She decided to write a letter to her sister - she hadn't told her the good news yet. That, and she could tell Raena about Moonbright and the Lunar moth festival. Even if she was dreading the latter. Especially the third day, the dinner; she just knew that it wouldn't be a pleasant affair.

Just as she finished penning the opening line of the letter, there was a knock at the door. The sudden yet gentle sound did startle her, and she almost knocked over her pot of ink. Her heart raced as she forced herself to calm down from the shock, but then she heard an all-too-familiar voice. Fauna smiled to herself nonetheless as she stood up and made her way towards the door.

"I'd love too," she said with her signature light and gentle voice as she opened the door. It was good to see Zuhayr again and spend time with him, She hadn't seen much of him as of late, but that was really her own fault. Having been so busy with Deimos. So spending some time one-on-one with Zuhayr- especially now—while she still could. It was all she wanted.

If I was young, I'd flee this town I'd bury my dreams underground. As did I, we drink to die, we drink tonight
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:37 pm
Xaila Citizen
Zuhayr Rizal
Zuhayr Rizal
Jaz
Xaia

Character sheet

He waited patiently for a reply, already hearing movement in the room indicating that she had heard him. He couldn't help but smile at the mere thought of her. Casting his gaze to the ground and neatly folding his hands in front of himself. It didn't take long for the door to be opened and a reply was given and the man looked up at her. A kind, warm smile came on his lips as he nodded. She looked different from what she had looked like when they had left Ravaryn. She had blonde hair, a more tanned skin and her way of dressing herself had changed towards the style of her new home. Zuhayr had adjusted to the style of Lemuria as well, just like he had done when he had travelled to Ravaryn. Sometimes he would still dress in his normal attire from home, typical Xailan clothing that fit his body perfectly. It was the most comfortable for him, but not every weather would allow such robes to be worn at all times. Luckily, this country seemed to be quite forgiving in regards to climate.

"Is that a new dress?" he asked in curiosity before looking her over again. He couldn't help but smile and nodded. "You look as stunning as always," The compliment flowed much easier of his lips than it had done the first few months they had known eachother. Zu wasn't the type to keep sweet compliments like this to himself. Well, actually he was, but not when it came to her. Fauna was one of the only people he felt like he could be true with, open with his thoughts and who he was. He took a step back and waited for her to join him as he started to walk through the hall. Passing by doors and turns, until eventually, they were outside. "Do you already know the plans the Vylasars have? I heard they usually host a dinner for the family, festival tradition and all that..." he smiled as he kept walking. Making small talk to hopefully lighten the mood. "I'm truly honoured to have been able to experience my first festival of Frostcrown and Lunar Mother festival seemingly in a one year," Well, almost that was. "Oh- Speaking of festivals. How did you like the festival of the Phoenix?" he knew she had been spending time with Deimos back in Xaila and he hadn't been able to ask her if she had enjoyed herself in his homecountry.

As they walked through the streets it could be noted that he had changed. From being out more, casting away his shut in behaviour had transformed him quite a bit. He carried himself better and even if he still wasn't an extrovert, he was comfortable being who he was. He radiated a soft confidence, which had slowly come forth from being amongst people. Still, he was soft spoken and sweet. It would seem that part of him wasn't changing any time soon. "I've been thinking," he suddenly said. "Perhaps I want to continue my study of my divination..." He looked at the ground, shrugging. "There isn't much else to do these days, things seem peaceful. You look happy," he smiled as he looked up at her. She had asked him to come to her side to protect her, help her, and he had done so. And as time had moved on he had felt like she had come to a place where she could be without him once more. Sadly, he doubted that parting ways with her would be a painless process... For him, at least.

Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:53 pm
Ravaryn Royal Family
Fauna Rizal
Fauna Rizal
Sans
Ravaryn

Character sheet

"Yes, it is," she says with a bright smile when he comments on her dress. It's a style popular among Vylasar ladies, with its soft blue hue and light and wavy fit. The sorceress, still standing in her doorway, spins around once or twice to give him a full 180-degree view of the garment. She wanted to ask if he liked it, if he approved. But before she could, he had already told her exactly what she wanted to hear. Fauna chuckled, her heart fluttering at the compliment. She could tell she was blushing slightly, but she hoped he wouldn't notice. That he couldn't tell the difference between her natural rosy cheeks and the faint flush she was feeling at this moment.

He stepped back, and she instinctively stepped forward. It was such an automatic response that she almost forgot to close the door behind her. But she was able to remember it in time without making it look like it had slipped her mind. She took his arm, and together they walked through hallways, taking left and right turns. Fauna didn't even register the things they passed—the doors, the windows, the furniture. She was too wrapped up in her own feelings to notice all that. 

She didn't even realize they were outside until the gentle breeze caressed her skin and the sound of birds filled her ears. They kept on walking, and Zuhayr asked her about the Vylasar and what plans they had during the Lunar Moth Festival. Fauna shrugged, especially when he mentioned the family dinner. Fauna shrugged, she didn't really want to talk about this topic. "I only know the basics," she replies. And that was all; no one really tells her anything beyond that. Maybe they did it because she didn't really need to know anything beyond that, or maybe they didn't trust her because she was a Rizal. She supposed it was a little bit of both.

Zuhayr kept the conversation going, which slightly surprised her. He usually wasn't this big of a talker, but she was glad nonetheless. She could listen to him speak for hours, especially when trying to brighten the mood.  "I'm truly honored to have been able to experience my first festival of Frostcrown and Lunar Mother festival seemingly in a one year," She chuckled and nodded at his words. "And just think that before this, you barely left your house." She joked, only if it was the truth—he had been a hermit for years. Which she always thought was a shame, he should go out there and explore the world. And she was glad he was finally doing just that.

"It was very different from what I'm used to," she responded as she tried to formulate her thoughts about the festival and her time in Xaila into words. But she couldn't quite find it. "But I enjoyed myself very much." That eventually landed on not the best description, but not a lie. She did have fun in the end, despite the minor problems that plagued her during her time there. 

They kept walking through the streets, but once again, Fauna didn't register her surroundings at all. "I think that's an excellent idea; I've often told you that you can turn your magic into something more positive if you only try to understand it a bit more." But she also understood why he never wanted to—his divination wasn't like hers. It was more of a curse than a blessing. Being able to see how/when people died, she wasn't sure if she could live with that kind of knowledge. "But you're right; things are peaceful now." But was she happy? She might seem that way, but was she really? Fauna honestly couldn't tell. But even if she wasn't, she wouldn't tell Zuhayr that she couldn't keep him by her side forever. That would be selfish of her. She had to let him go someday, and that day was rapidly approaching.

If I was young, I'd flee this town I'd bury my dreams underground. As did I, we drink to die, we drink tonight
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:48 pm
Xaila Citizen
Zuhayr Rizal
Zuhayr Rizal
Jaz
Xaia

Character sheet

As he complimented her dress, she seemed to light up. Her radiance gracing him even more as his smile widened. A soft gaze in his eyes as he observed her twirl around, letting him see every angle of the dress. She had exchanged her royal northern garments for once that fit this area, these people. And... Even though he adored seeing her like this, he would be lying if it didn't sting a little. His mind slowly creeping to other places. How would she look in a Xailan dress? He blinked slowly as his smile widened, not only because of the expression that was slowly spun on her face, but also the thought of her in his homeland. Wearing fabrics and fashion that was native to the region. By the gods, she truly looked good in anything. She was shaped by the gods themselves, not only in the ways of her beauty, but also her kind and sweet soul. Every little action of her betrayed that. She really made the world a better place. Hell, he had even made him a better person.

As her arm took his, he could feel his heart flutter slightly. A slow feeling welling up from within and bursting open. Even though they were just walking, as friends, he was happy that they were. In silence or even with words, it never felt wrong. It was simply perfect to just be with her. As if it was supposed to be like this. Perhaps that was also the reason why he had remained by her side through all of this. Why he had endured such a painful stab to his heart.... And why he would tear himself apart just to shelter the remains of it. He couldn't remain by the side of the one he loved if she was a married woman. Even though in his culture it was alright to have multiple partners, he knew it wasn't in others. And seeing as how the Vylasars had such a twisted view of their family... They would never even think about it. In their eyes, Fauna would become the carrier of the next generation. He hated it, as she was so much more. To him, she was like the sun, a near necessity for him to truly blossom.

He asked about the festival that was yet to come and he looked at her as she shrugged, saying she only knew the basics. His smile widened a bit. "Then I suppose you can view it as a bit of a surprise," Zuhayr said as a way to comfort her, noting the fact she didn't seem too pleased. "You'll have to tell me about it, I'm sure it will give me some inspiration for my next work," he encouraged her. He wanted to help her, always had, and where he normally was the very silent type, he didn't mind speaking up to her. In ways that troubled his mind or would sooth hers.

He then went on to talk about the other festivals, sharing his gratitude over the fact that he had been able to see it all in one year. Her chuckle, made him smile as he looked at her. What? She then said something that caught him off guard and he slowly averted his eyes, looking on ahead, before humming. "Yeah," he said, as he agreed with her. "Who would have known... That the world didn't end when I decided to leave," he sighed, before a chuckle left his lips. "It only became bigger... And brighter... Better," because you are in it.

He then asked about Xaila, haven't yet gotten the time to ask her. She spoke about it, it was different, but she had enjoyed herself. He chuckled softly as he kept on leading her through the streets at an easy pace. "I wish... I could have been there too," Zuhayr betrayed to her, his gaze slowly drifting off to her. Trying to find it for a moment. "There's some hidden places in Al-Qahil that I think you would love to see," he smiled as he kept looking at her, picturing a life where that could have happened. Where he had taken her by the hand and had lead her through the place he had lived his whole life. He could show her the beauty of the sun blessed nation. And he could offer her the many dishes that were native to the place. Showing her every aspect of Xaila that he adored... And being able to put her in that picture... Two of the things he loved the most, put together. What a saddening thought it was never meant to be.

He looked away for a moment, not wanting to display his sadness through his eyes, not to her, at least. He spoke of his future plans, or what he had been thinking about... And she chimed in with such a sweet voice, agreeing with him. It stung like dagger as she spoke about it. Even though it was meant as a way to support him, a part of him had hoped that she would have asked for him to stay. For him to find a reason to be with her, despite everything. He decided to keep his lips sealed for now as he glanced over at her. Things were peaceful.... And... Once more his eyes strayed towards her, as if asking with just a glance alone where the remainder of that sentence was. He slowly lifted his head a bit, his pace slowing down, until he came to a halt.

Caught between two roads in an alleyway, they were hidden away from the main public. Not that there was much people here anyway, seeing as they had walked to the outskirts of the city. He could hear the ocean from afar... Just a few more blocks and they would be able to see the beach. He turned to look at her. Gently, he wrapped his gloved hand around her petite one, squeezing it such care as he brought it up. "Are you not happy?" he asked her softly, his dark gaze looking at her with certain care and clear concern. He kept looking at her, waiting... But as the seconds slowly melted away he realized that he was laying her wide open. LIke a prey animal ready to expose herself to be torn apart. "It's okay..." Zuhayr said softly. "Despite everything, I'm also not happy," Those words felt heavy. For for him, that kind of statement he never thought he would say. He had been in the deepest despair of his own mind before... He had been in great pain and even greater sadness. But alas, nothing was more painful than a bleeding heart.

The corner of his mouth turned up as he raised his other hand. Gently he cupped her perfectly shaped face. His thumb gently caressing her cheek. "I'm sorry," Zuhayr said softly. "I truly wish I was the one to make you happy," he confessed to her, hoping it would be enough, as he wasn't sure if his soul could carry much more. A heavy sigh parted his lips... Before his hand dropped back down. It went downwards, before he grabbed something from his pocket. Fishing it out and turning her hand a bit, before laying the small thing in the palm of her hand. He stared at it for a moment, as if deciding this was the right thing... But he quickly knew it was.

"You deserve to have a piece of your culture with you on special occasions," The sorcerer said softly as he looked up at her, his finger tugging at the linen that was rapped around the gift. Slowly, the fabric fell open, and beneath its milk white surface, a small, wooden, hand carved stag was placed. Standing proudly with a clear set of antlers. He waited for her to observe the little wooden statue, before looking back at it too. "It's not the biggest one I could find... But finding a reindeer around here was nearly impossible," so he had decided to just... Make one. Offering it up to her, so that she could have at least a piece of her home in regards to her own engagement. He waited for a bit, letting her take in the little sculpture, before he let go of her hand.

He took a step back, his hand grabbing something else from his pocket. Another item wrapped in white silk. "I wasn't able to find a reindeer... So I made you one," he said softly. "But you... Deserve better than that... Don't you?" his voice carried a certain sadness as he spoke. He looked down at his hands, unwrapping the item slowly, before it finally revealed itself. A sort of second sculpture appeared from between the fabric. Made from the antler of an actual stag, it was ingrained with jewels and other beautiful items. The centre piece being a crystal at the base of the antler. Zuhayr looked it over, before he slowly bowed his head, looking at the ground as he offered the piece up to her. "I wasn't able to bring you the entire body... Nor a feast... Nor your family to share it with... But I brought a piece of what could have been..." and what could have been them. He wasn't trying to steal her away in any way. No. Not at all. He gave her the things she deserved. An almost proper Ravaryn custom. She only deserved the best, after all.

Klik hier voor het antler ding

Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:43 am
Ravaryn Royal Family
Fauna Rizal
Fauna Rizal
Sans
Ravaryn

Character sheet

Despite the anticipation of bidding him farewell—the final thread connecting her to her former life as a Ravaryn maiden and signaling her complete transition into the role of a Lemurian wife—she found solace in his company. It was a tangible comfort amidst her internal struggles with happiness and self-identity. Despite her uncertainties, one thing remained steadfastly clear: she treasured these moments spent with him. Merely walking together, engaging in light-hearted banter, and sharing her innermost thoughts felt effortless. There was a natural flow to their interactions, a sense of genuine connection that allowed her to drop her guard and simply be herself. With him, she didn't have to carefully measure her words or maintain a façade to please him; she could just exist in the moment, unfiltered and authentic.

His genuine interest in her experiences, such as the upcoming family dinner she had to attend, touched her deeply. It was heartwarming to see his efforts to ease her worries and bring a smile to her face. "I'll be sure to fill you in on all the drama," she teased.

As he chuckled in response to her jest, she playfully nudged him, reveling in the lightness of their exchange. However, his subsequent sincerity caught her off guard. "It only became bigger... And brighter... Better," he remarked, causing her to pause. While she was genuinely happy for his newfound sense of fulfillment, a small voice of insecurity nagged at her. Amidst his expanding world, where did she fit in? Despite her best efforts to celebrate his successes, a lingering fear of being left behind tugged at her heartstrings.

Walking side by side through the bustling streets, she allowed herself to be guided by him, finding a sense of comfort in his presence. His wistful mention of accompanying her to Xailia, her homeland, stirred a yearning within her. "I wish you could've been there too," she confessed, imagining the joy of exploring Al-Qahil together, arm in arm, as he shared his cherished memories of the city. Despite the practicalities of the trip being geared towards her and Deimos deepening their connection, the thought of experiencing it with him filled her with a sense of longing and anticipation.

"Maybe one day we can go together," she mused, a spark of hope flickering within her. Though she acknowledged the unlikelihood of such a journey, she couldn't help but cling to the possibility. Dreams had a curious way of sustaining the soul, offering glimpses of a brighter future amidst the uncertainties of the present.

Suddenly, their surroundings shifted, and they found themselves standing in a secluded alleyway, hidden from the hustle and bustle of the city. Before she could comprehend his intentions, he gently took her hand, his touch sending a shiver down her spine. His next question, simple yet profound, pierced through her defenses: "Are you not happy?" Caught off guard, she struggled to find the words to respond. Despite her efforts to mask her inner turmoil, he saw through her façade with disarming clarity.

"It's okay," he reassured her, though the uncertainty lingered in her heart. Was it truly okay? Could she reconcile her longing for happiness with the realities of her current situation?

"Despite everything, I'm also not happy," he admitted, his vulnerability echoing her own unspoken doubts. The revelation struck her to the core, igniting a torrent of conflicting emotions. How could he not be happy when he spoke of such a radiant world? The dissonance between his outward contentment and his inner turmoil left her reeling, grappling with the weight of his confession.

Unable to meet his gaze, she averted her eyes, only to find herself gently guided back to him as he cupped her face with tender care. His touch was a balm to her wounded soul, coaxing her to confront her deepest fears. With a gentle caress, he wiped away the tears that threatened to spill over, his thumb tracing a path along her cheek.

"Please, don't apologize," she pleaded, her voice trembling with emotion. It wasn't his fault, she wanted him to know that. "You already do make me happy," she confessed, though a pang of guilt gnawed at her heart. Even as she sought solace in his presence, she couldn't shake the realization that her happiness was intertwined with complexities beyond their control.

As he released her, she reluctantly withdrew her hands, the absence of his touch leaving an ache in her heart. Her attention shifted as he reached into her pocket, producing a small, unexpected gift. The sight of it brought tears to her eyes, overwhelmed by his continued generosity and thoughtfulness. It was a small wooden stag, handcrafted with care—a tangible symbol of her culture, lovingly crafted by his hands.

"It's perfect," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. The gesture touched her deeply, a poignant reminder of the depth of his affection and understanding.

But the surprises didn't end there. With trembling hands, he presented her with yet another gift, each revelation unraveling the layers of her emotions. She covered her mouth in disbelief, tears streaming down her cheeks as she beheld the exquisite piece before her—a stunning display of gems and crystals atop a base of real antlers. His words echoed in her mind, resonating with a profound sense of loss and longing.

"But I brought a piece of what could have been..."

In that moment, her façade crumbled, and she surrendered to the flood of emotions that consumed her. All pretense of strength and optimism dissolved, leaving her raw and vulnerable in his embrace.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:08 am
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum