Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
[FOF] A Little Sale for the Season
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
[FOF] A Little Sale for the Season Pasted10
Ravaryn
[FOF] A Little Sale for the Season Single10

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t630-deirdre-seraphin#2372/
It really was particularly busy this time of year. It took him a bit more time to find an empty spot to set up a stall of his own... This season was always fairly fruitful- there were so many people coming into Ravaryn for the festival, after all... It would be a shame not to make the most of it.

Luckily, Deirdre had found himself a nice spot in the open to sell his leathers. He'd had to work a little extra to prepare a good amount to be sold, but it was worth it. He settles down as the bustle of the market springs to life, making conversation with passerby and managing to make a bit of coin off of his work in the process.
Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:25 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
[FOF] A Little Sale for the Season DUrBZsK
Ravaryn
[FOF] A Little Sale for the Season PsBv10q

Character sheet
Race: Druid
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t904-arkyn-skygge#3575
A dynasty can't survive,

The markets of Ravaryn. If anything, these were the best kind of days to walk through the city. The liveliness of it all. And just all the different merchants coming out of their stores, to sell their goods in little stalls. A few of the stores owned by his family had set up shop as well. He had already checked up on those, noticing how well they were doing in selling certain goods. It would really make some good coin at the end.

Today, Arkyn was on the hunt to find a particular pendant. Something he would hopefully find somewhere during the day. Though if he didn’t find it here, then he had to look elsewhere off course. When he passed a stand where they sold different kinds of leathers he certainly was interested. Maybe not particularly in the goods even though the work that was done on it was of impeccable standard. But maybe this was something that their family might need as well. A tanner.

He had let the vendor chat with some customers for a bit, before he eventually stepped up. ’If you don’t mind me asking, do you own these goods sir?’

on arrogance alone..
MONTY
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:29 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Chat was an interesting way of putting it, since during each interaction he saw the vendor come into contact with, he never once saw his lips move, nor heard a voice from him... No, instead, the tanner would smile pleasantly and share words and the occasional set of imagery with customers... And they'd make off with a hide, exchanging a few pieces of coin with him in return.

Steady flow of people...

Deirdre blinks when someone new approaches, and tilts his head while he listens... Then nods, before flipping a few pages back in a notebook that was set beside him on his stand rather than using the pen in his other hand.

Yes. I made them myself, in fact. Is there anything in particular you're searching for today?
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:09 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
A dynasty can't survive,

One could wonder if they truly needed more vendors on their payroll. But in his opinion one didn’t expand a business empire by always betting on the same horses. So if anything, some fresh faces could do wonders for the Skygge family and who knew, maybe this young lad would be the perfect candidate for it? It was time to sort that out.

When a note book was presented he raised a brow. Was this boy a mute? Or did he just prefer making conversation this way? Who knew. If anything he didn’t mind. A soft smile lingered around his lips. ’This is splendid work.’ He complimented the other as he let his fingers move over the hides. Yes, close to perfection if he said so himself.

’I might be looking for something yes, though not the traditional kind of thing.’

on arrogance alone..
MONTY
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:39 am
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Deirdre smiles a little more at the compliment to his work rather than a comment about his notebook, pen twirling idly in his hand. He blinks and tilts his head curiously, unsure what the stranger was looking for.

What sort of thing are you searching for? Perhaps I can help?
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:13 am
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
A dynasty can't survive,

The white haired man looked the other in the eye and softly hummed. Ah yes, this would be beneficial both for him and the boy that much he knew. The revenue of his shop would go up since he’d be officially tied to the Skygge name. Which did a lot when it came down to selling goods like these. Have a proper name to back your store up. Yes, he had seen it happen a lot of times already. Now it wouldn't be much different.

’I think I might be the one that can help you out. If one is interested that is.’ A smile lingered around his lips, amber eyes briefly moving over to some people that passed by. Yet soon enough he focused on the other again, wondering if he had any idea who was standing here in front of him. Not that he had too; But for people in their particular line of work, well who knew right? ’My name is Arkyn Skygge.’

on arrogance alone..
MONTY
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:19 am
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Deirdre blinks owlishly. Help me out? He glances at himself, then his stand, and pinches his brow. ...I'm well off, though? He didn't understand what he could possibly need help with- well. Other than basic self care and a few cooking tips, but his sister often filled that niche in his life when she wasn't busy with her line of work.

Did he understand who was in front of him right now? Well! He understood that the man was a potential customer! And that... that is all he processes when Arkyn introduces himself, not because he didn't recognize the Skygge name but because... His mind went blank, really. It stayed blank for a handful of seconds before completely overriding the information and treating the situation like it would any other:

Be friendly, be polite, and always introduce yourself.

He smiles softly and writes in his notebook, revealing the page to the other before holding out his hand for a handshake.

Deirdre Seraphin. A pleasure to meet you.
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:28 am
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
A dynasty can't survive,

The man didn’t recognize the name, which wasn’t something he took insulin. If anything he truly didn’t care that much. What he did care for was for this man his skill. They could use a guy like this in their stores or use his store in their line of stores. He’d fit right in. But in the end the decision was upto Deirdre alone. He could only make the offer.

A smile curled around his lips when he nodded at the page. ’Same goes for you Deirdre.’ Very pleased to meet him actually. He straightened his back, going over his wares once more. They were of impeccable quality.

’I’m a hunter and my family owns a few shop that sells pelts and more. I think your work could be a great addition to the name we have build over decades. I’d understand if you’d need some time to think it over. But I do think, that we could work together. Should you be interested.’ The man simply stated, looking the other in the eyes.

on arrogance alone..
MONTY
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:05 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
There were a wide array of pelts on display, though with a glance, it was easy to see that he had even more stocked up in little boxes behind him. The prices for the pelts weren't particularly expensive, either, despite their impeccable quality.

Deirdre blinks at him, processing the man's offer... and sets about writing. He presents the page with a small tilt of his head.

What would that entail? Working together, I mean...
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:18 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
A dynasty can't survive,

Arkyn could only wonder why they hadn’t heard of this boy sooner? His work was impeccable and they would be lucky to have him within their ranks. Which could prove very lucrative for the other if he chose to accept. With joining their business, he could up his prices to the point where they needed to be. Quality guaranteed. It was what the Skygge name stood for and well any shopkeeper or hunter of theirs, certainly did earn their keep.

His eyes moved over the page and he smiled warmly. ’It would mean that your business will fall under the Skygge name. You can raise the prices from your pelts, earn a whole lot of money for yourself, pay us a share of it. Or if you’d like to work from an already existing store and work there as a tanner, you’d be reimbursed vigorously.’ He looked at the young man in front of him. Wondering what was going through his head right about now.

on arrogance alone..
MONTY
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:16 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Deirdre nips his lip idly as he listens, thinking to himself.

...Well, you see... I don't really want to raise my prices. I feel it's best not to- makes the pelts more accessible for those with less money to spend... And I likely would just keep my shop where it is...

He taps his pen against the parchment, thinking.

I wouldn't mind being aligned with your name, but... You wouldn't gain much from me monetarily, especially as I don't intend to make things more... expensive for the customers I already have.
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:22 am
Ravaryn Citizen
Arkyn Skygge
Arkyn Skygge
Caro
Ravaryn

Character sheet
A dynasty can't survive,

Had he expected to be met with someone who wouldn’t jump on the bandwagon? It was always to be expected and no hard feelings were left. If the man wanted to pass on the opportunity itself, then who was he to actually question him about it. If anything he had only suggested it because the skill set of this tanner could come in handy in the future. No harm was done in asking. After all, the revenue from the stores he did have was already quite high to begin with.

’There is no need to raise the prices if you don’t want to. It was just a suggestion.’ Arkyn simply stated, straightening his back. ’Just give it some more thought hm. I’ll be in town for a bit longer, so when you do have your answer, come seek me out.’

on arrogance alone..
MONTY

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:15 pm
Ravaryn Citizen
Deirdre Seraphin
Deirdre Seraphin
Rellie
Ravaryn

Character sheet
Deirdre mulls it over quietly for a moment... before smiling and nodding.

I'll think it through carefully. I wouldn't mind some better advertising on my side, at the very least...

He twirls his pen.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity. Where would I find you to let you know my final decision?
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:10 am
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum