Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
Late bloomer
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
Late bloomer Photo-1572955034117-bbe6e291fab0?ixlib=rb-1.2
Ashmoor
Late bloomer Mayicon

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t535-maybel-madeline-winter#
bedazzle
Excuse me. I have to go make a scene.
The faith of Renestrae had not been that central in her life. Of course, she had been thought the history and the holy law and what not, but her father never was that holy either. They did thank Renestrae when they finished a meal, at least when they were all in company, and they followed the rules. Well... Maybel had been tempted to break one of the holy laws. But people generally treated her like priceless porcelain, so she did not have to worry too much. For her the faith was more like a charade. Some other piece of etiquette she had to remember. And if she didn't she would be frowned upon. Maybel already wasn't the average girl in society, with her freedom and extravagant taste. If she also claimed to be heathen, people would spit on her. Her poor cousin Lottie would probably get a stroke.

So once every while she took a little visit to church. She didn't bother to often, just every now and then she took a little peak. Her heels echoed loudly thourgh the empty church. This time she brought some flowers from the Winter gardens. Now autumn was here, pretty flowers would soon cease to grow. She hesitated for a moment. Maybe she should place some flowers at her late stepmothers grave, but she carried no love for the woman. She didn't think the grave was ever visited after her death, at least not by their part of the family. Maybe Luca. Well, they had been young anyway. So she placed a basket with late bloomers on a chair while she looked around the grand hall of the church, combing a hand through her hair, when she noticed the high priest. ‘‘Oh, hello, father,’’ she chirped cheerfully. ‘‘I brought something to liven up the place a bit.’’
tag / notes

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:23 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Alpha Aphelion
Alpha Aphelion
Cat.
Late bloomer JimtOMm
Ashmoor
Late bloomer F0657304b9a722a177b9d72def87eb0c

Character sheet
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t207-alpha-aphelion#555

Feeling sad? Join a cult!

Alpha hadn't been all that busy. He had done his mandatory walk through the gardens in the morning. Not because he had any tasks there, but because he needed the fresh air. If he didn't push himself to walk the gardens and the graveyard, he was holed up in the stuffy church to the end of his days. He even liked to be there more these days, knowing that family dinner was coming up. Alpha liked to see his siblings, despite their somewhat stand offish relationship, but they were family nontheless. A family he needed to care for when his parents passed. Something that he expected to happen sooner than later. It worried him.

With all of that on his mind, it was no wonder he missed the incoming sound of footsteps. No matter how loud some things could be, Alpha could still be lost in thought. It was only the cheery voice that brought him back in the now. The High Priest frowned for a second, though that went unseen by his mask, as if he was caught in some lost daydream. His dark eyes drifted to the person. Nothing changed in his look, he kept it neutral as ever, though his look was a little vague currently. Before him stood yet another Matthew Winter spawn. Disgusting. "Those are beautiful, Maybel," he eventually said, his voice a little soft. After that he was at a loss for words, his head truly not fully in the moment. What a pathetic example of a High Priest.
@Maybel Winter
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:21 pm
The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
Ashmoor
Late bloomer Mayicon

Character sheet
bedazzle
Maybe their dearest high priest was the most interesting man of Ashmoor after all. Because how could a man hiding behind a mask crawl his way up to the highest steps of society. He was worshiped, adored and praised, and nobody really seemed to know who the man was behind the mask. It was all so easy if you sold your soul, or whatever it was these days, to faith. Maybe that was why her father married that woman of all there were, because her father was a generous sponsor to the faith. Yes, she had done her research as well. Maybel may seem stupid, but she was raised by one of the smartest men of the city. Maybe that was her mask, because her face was too pretty to hide.

Maybel sat on the church bench next to where she placed the basket as the priest thanked her. She cocked her head to the side and looked at the masked individual. ‘‘Are we on first name basis?’’ she teased the priest. She leaned her elbow on the armrest and rested her chin on her hand. Her pale green eyes studied the man. It used to be so easy for Maybel to read the minds of men, but Alpha was so different. She couldn't even tell is he was looking at her, or if his eyes were trailing of elsewhere. ‘‘Don't thank me, thank my father,’’ she eventually said, her eyes not wavering from the priest. ‘‘It's our little secret, but I'm a terrible.. florist, or whatever they call it. I only know what looks pretty.’’
tag / notes

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:52 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Alpha Aphelion
Alpha Aphelion
Cat.
Late bloomer JimtOMm
Ashmoor

Character sheet

He was in no mood to converse with anyone, rather just wanting to walk away and sulk somewhere no one could find him. Like he was some emo teenage boy, telling people it wasn't a phase and they should just respect his decisions. But he was High Priest now, and no longer a teenager. He had these stupid responsibilities now.

Alpha blinked when Maybel spoke. Shit. Right. He was supposed to just talk to her with her title. "My apologies, Lady Winter," he said with a quick headbow. These Winters and their horrible egotistical personalities. Maybel was no different. But here he was, pretending to like whatever foul words came out of her mouth. "Knowing what looks pretty and what doesn't is already one step in the direction of becoming a better one," he returned calmly, trying to get his head into the conversation. Not that he wanted to.
@Maybel Winter
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm
The Winter Family
Maybel Winter
Maybel Winter
Renske
Ashmoor
Late bloomer Mayicon

Character sheet
bedazzle
Maybel smiled widely as he apologized to her, now addressing her with her proper title. She was not a child anymore, she had grown a bit of guts to stand op to it. But she could not care less how he called her, she just like to see him squirm, if only it was for a little bit. Because she could not see his expressions. Because well, the priest did not seem to like her that much. He did not want to talk to her, that much she could see. And honestly, she probably should say "good day" and leave. Her being in a church was blasphemy in it's own. But no, the more Father Alphelion did not want to talk to her, the more she would talk back. Okay, maybe she was still a bit of a little kid after all.

His polite words were so empty, but she nodded after all. ‘‘Hm, sure,’’ she agreed a bit absently. ‘‘It's like that with most things in life, isn't it?’’ She leaned back in her seat again, studying his mask again. It was eerie looking and it probably scared of a lot of people. But for Maybel it was all about the mystery. Why he wore it and what he hid behind it. ‘‘Is that why you are hiding your face?’’ she then asked bluntly. She supposed it was not pretty to look at.
tag / notes

Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:08 pm
Ashmoor Citizen
Alpha Aphelion
Alpha Aphelion
Cat.
Late bloomer JimtOMm
Ashmoor

Character sheet

In some way he had respect for the Winters. He had respect for the Duke, he respected their daughter and all other offspring that came from him. Solely, because he needed to. He tolerated them because they were essential to running Ashmoor. Without them it would be in ruins, at least for now. His time would come. The rest of the Winters however, were just add ons that no one really wanted but just had to tolerate. Like getting an avocado for Christmas.

Alpha wasn’t really paying attention to what Maybel was saying. He didn’t care, he didn’t want to care. Nothing really interesting came out of her mouth anyway. His attention snapped towards her again however, after her remark about his mask. Of course Maybel Winter would indirectly call him ugly. And he would let her simply because he had no choice. ”I leave that up to anyone’s interpretation,” he answered calmly albeit a bit distant. There was no disdain in his voice, nor was there any hurt about her comment. “I simply brings me closer to our Lady Renestrae,” Alpha then said. It was the thing he would say to anyone who questioned his looks. Maybel did not get any different treatment.
@Maybel Winter
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:09 pm
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum