Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
haute adore
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avalon Citizen
Calypso Sythaeryn
Calypso Sythaeryn
Sans
haute adore EZ8RVbt
Avalon
haute adore FZUucqU

Character sheet
Race: Moon Elf
trying to
figure
you out
Something's in my mind and I'm focused on you
It had been a while since Calypso had last visited Moonbright—the memories of those days spent here with her parents lingered faintly in her mind. Back then, she was just Calypso, the second daughter of the Sythaeryn family. Now, she was on the cusp of transforming into something entirely different—a true lady, soon to be married into one of the most prestigious families in the land, the Arendyls. The weight of that name was not lost on her.

The man she was set to marry was, well, unconventional, to say the least. But Calypso was drawn to such individuals—the overlooked, the misunderstood. They often proved to be the most interesting, like intricate puzzles waiting to be solved. And she loved puzzles, relished in projects that required time and patience. She was willing to go to great lengths to peel back the layers of their complexity, to uncover the hidden gems within. And once she did, she never let go. Progress with Castor had been made on that front, though not to the extent she desired. He lingered in her shadow, simultaneously shielding her from unwanted attention while intimidating those who dared approach. It was a delicate balance, one she aimed to tip in her favor—transforming him into a devoted servant, one she could command at will.

Lost in her thoughts, Calypso's fingers grazed over the luxurious fabrics of the dresses before her. She had ventured into the capital with the intention of procuring the latest fashions, yet nothing seemed to catch her eye. As she moved through the store, she felt the weight of the owner's expectant gaze, hoping she would indulge in a purchase.

Turning her attention to a display of fabrics, she noticed a man browsing through them as well. A sly grin danced across her lips as she approached him, subtly guiding the conversation. "That one isn't bad," she remarked, gesturing towards a piece of fabric before selecting another. "But I think this might suit you better." With a playful wink, she presented the fabric to him, envisioning the possibilities it held. After all, Calypso wasn't one to judge.
But I never fail to surprise, there's a feeling that's new to me

Calypso  ϟ  "she who conceals"
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:36 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Raeghan Vylasar
Raeghan Vylasar
Jazzy
haute adore CSdLegg
Lemuria
haute adore ExLhrts

Character sheet
Race: Sorcerer
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t1358-raeghan-vylasar#6621

" unfortunately for everybody i will keep doing whatever the fuck i want "
After parting ways with Oriana, he had set his sights on places he had yet to visit again since he had been behind bars. The gracious lord Vylasar had bailed him out, but after that he had been taken directly to the underwater city, where he had to study and learn how to become a proper member of the family. Of course, Raeghan was a great liar and even better performer, so it had been no issue to uphold a certain degree of fake nobility he had heard from in his mother's story. They ate it right up and he had been able to mix in fine. Sure, some of them wouldn't allow him to mix in that easily, but the elders, the ones in charge, they believed it. They saw potential. They had allowed him to ask the redheads hand in marriage. They had shown him trust and even though most of his intend was false, this one was perhaps littered with more truth then he even thought of himself. Perhaps it was a certain fiery personality that kept him in line, who knew.

Still, now on the loose, outside of the supervision of the guards of the castle and the ever prying eyes of the other Vylasars, he had found himself back to a market he and his sister would often stare at. The place wasn't for them back in the day, as one single product was worth more than their entire lives. But that had been before they knew who they were and what their blood was worth. Now, things had changed, and where he and Raelyn had to endure filthy glares and insults day in and out, he could now proudly lift his chin up to these men. A grin spreading from ear to ear made it clear that the tall man really knew who he was and what his worth was. The judgemental side eyes and soft whispers of his past a near silent backdrop that he easily turned a blind eye to. He was a liar, a thief and if life would ever demand it again, a murderer as well. But he didn't care. He had done what he had to do to survive, it was only fair, wasn't it?

He stopped by quite the expensive looking dresses, tilting his head and lifting his hand. He browsed through the items, slowly turning his gaze ever so slightly as he saw the seller tense up. Most of these people knew who he was, he had terrorized these streets for over 15 years, after all. The filthy whoreson with a demon by it's side. Him and his sister had been the perfect duo to raid these streets. Where he had been the face of their little stunts and tricks, Rae had always been the one to do the actual work, using her agility and small frame to get around. Her quick hands together with the little squirrel she had, had been a perfect combination when it came to thieving. The twins had been so different and yet, they completed one another so well. His gaze softened a bit thinking about it. He really did miss her... But he knew, wherever she was, she would be fine. She was a survivor after all, just like him and their mom.

He looked beside him as an elven lady approached him. She spoke to him, speaking of the dress he was looking at. He blinked slowly, before that grin came back on his lips. "You would be surprised how many of these would suit me, darling," he said playfully, catching her playful wink and intentions almost in an instant. He didn't really recognize her, but seeing as she browsing these wares and also by the way she was dressed and carrying herself, he already knew she was of high standing. "But, personally, I think less is more," he said, tilting his head as he let his eyes go over some dresses. His eye eventually fell upon a very risky looking one. A deep cut in front and with quite the reveal on one side for a leg. He took it out and let his eyes go back to her. "A piece of art can get drowned out by too much colour as well," the corner of his mouth turned up as his eyes darted to the vendor. He was visibly getting tensed up by Raeghan grabbing an actual item. He had to hold back his laughter.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:24 am
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum