Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
[UPDATE] Guidebook & Site updates (3-1-2024)
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deities of Odiria
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
[UPDATE] Guidebook & Site updates (3-1-2024) XuTWurPc_o
NPC
[UPDATE] Guidebook & Site updates (3-1-2024) MRk8P37a_o

Character sheet
Race: Human
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/

Guidebook & Site Updates
Slay
It's been a long time coming but...

The NEW Time Will Tell Guidebook is here! After months of hard work, it is finally done and ready to provide you with lore galore. Quite a few things have changed, so take a look inside! Down below you can find an overview of most of the updates.

Entirely new Guidebook

The biggest update of all is the updated Guidebook! It is completely rearranged into new sections that will hopefully prove to be much more logical. Please give a warm applause and welcome to the following pages:

• Must-Read Summary: Are you new to the site and do you find the lore overwhelming? This is the place for you! All you need to know to start rp'ing can be found on this page. Make sure to give it a read and let's go lesbians lil' writers!!

• General Information: Not entirely new, but now entirely iconic! Do you want to know your constellation or a notable days description, have a look here.

• Geography: Everybody loves geography, or at last, I do. We have maps, maps and more maps! Now there's even travel times, so you'll  know exactly how long it takes for your character to visit their bestie.

• Culture: You want it? We have it. All the cultures from our 5 countries can be found here. From your local rulers, to food, to appearances. Oh and what's that? An updated version of clothing? How slay! I hear there's even a guide to what to wear to a wedding in each country...

• Bloodlines: You love 'em, you hate 'em, those darn nobles. Now they have their own page! Have you always wanted to belong to a ruling, noble or sorcerer bloodline? Well here's the overview of them! (Note: you still have to ask Ro for a place in one of the families).

• Item Masterlist: Wow! All the lore in one place! How wonderful! Here you can find all the items you could possibly find or need on your adventures. Pop off queen.

• High Rank Summary: Do you want to date one of the high ranks? On this wonderful page there is a lovely overview so you can pick one that you like! Or you can read about the current rulers of Odiria, whatever.

The pages are very excited to be part of this beautiful site. Oh and another plus, even the relevant Discord helpdesk questions have now been incorporated to the Guidebook. There's never too much lore.

Are you looking for everything about Ravaryn's culture in one place? No worries, we got it! Do you want to learn about travel time? Let's have a look! There is so much more to see!

All the info in (almost) one place!

Were you always looking for the Item Masterlist? Or the High Rank Summary? Or even the Sorcerer Bloodlines info? No more! All the information about the site's lore is now stored in one place: the Guidebook. The only things that are still separate are our allegiance pages, which present the information on all the cities and villages. Take a peek, if you dare.

New Dice Roll System

It's time for some random events! We have chosen to implement a much simpler dice roll system. We now use a d20 dice on both your character and the possible enemy, to make battle threads more accessible to everyone. The team is your ally, talk valentina! ALLY!

Random Events & Simplified Combat

With our new dice system, we decided to forego the (much too complicated) combat system! You will now have regular text threads without having to worry about matters such as weapon classes, bonuses or items. Have fun slaying or befriending the beasts! (Can somebody slay the Kraken pls? It's scary)

No Stats & Modifiers

A big change is that we no longer use the Stats & Modifiers system. We found it too complicated in threads as staff and it proved too much added work to fill in on application. You'll no longer find this on your profile either. Rawr.

No Adventure Logs

As of January 2024, Time Will Tell no longer uses adventure logs. Because we noticed it was quite the hassle to fill in next to a character application and few people actually found it useful in game. So the logs have now been moved to a safe place. You will no longer be able to access them and don't have to worry about this step in the application process anymore!

The staff will still keep track of any items you find, as those can still be found in your 'Inventory' on your profile. In the new application sheet you still have to choose a starterkit.  

New Character Application Sheet

With all these changes also comes a new Character Application Sheet. Gone are the stats, whoo! Easy! Other than that the sheet still looks much the same, except for the 'Starterkit' section at the bottom. Here you can fill in your starterkit item(s) with the help of our fancy new Item Masterlist

It's been quite a few months in the making and I must say it has become a passion project of mine. I have spent many a day to make the Guidebook more logical to our current members and more accessible to new ones. The struggle has been real. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and I look forward to seeing all your wonderful posts.

One for Joep, Joep for all,

Love, Ro (& thank you to the mental support of the rest of the staff) <3

Game Master
Let faith decide
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:08 pm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum