Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
At the end of everything, hold onto anything
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemuria Citizen
Oriana Vylasar
Oriana Vylasar
goudvis
At the end of everything, hold onto anything Pine10
Lemuria
At the end of everything, hold onto anything Ori_ic10

Character sheet
Race: Sorcerer
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t1461-oriana-vylasar
Are you satisfied with an avarage life?

An early autumn moonlight set upon the estate their family had been staying at during the lunar festival. A beautiful home amidst the upper-class circles of the city surrounded by streets Oriana had always found rather boring compared to the buzz downtown. Yet tonight she had not felt like venturing out- instead her path had led her to her brothers chambers. She was unable to catch sleep that night, given the circumstances that troubled her mind. She was worried about her friend and cousin- uncertain about how her brother was affected by the separation from his fiance. She knew he wasn't keen on marrying her, yet she always thought they had been fond of each other in other ways.

Either way, Oriana did not hesitate before opening the door that led to his room, it was her brother after all. They had always been extremely close to each other. And when she couldn't catch sleep and her head felt heavy, his side was always somewhere she could find peace once again. And on that note she stepped further, Remi following her by the foot. "Caelum" she whispered as soon as she could make out the shape that was him within the faint moonlight that fought its way past the curtains and onto his bed. "Are you awake?"
Curious girl.
A wanderer.
❀Caelum Vylasar
Fitcheck

Alethiology (n.) the study of truth

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:28 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Caelum Vylasar
Caelum Vylasar
Camilla
At the end of everything, hold onto anything KjadvhJ
Lemuria
At the end of everything, hold onto anything D9g12Xi

Character sheet
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t1404-caelum-vylasar-wip
Caelum Vylasar

The young man laid in his bed, Cat on his chest, softly purring him half to sleep. The faint moonlight shone on his bed, only slightly blocked by the light curtains. Caelum liked to watch the nightsky, the stars and the moon always calmed him down. He petted Cat softly while his mind couldn't seem to stop thinking about dinner earlier this evening. He had been engaged to someone who didn't want it. He didn't want it either, but that was mostly because she already had a love. He didn't want to be in the middle of that, feeling like he couldn't make her happy like her love already did. However, Aniu wasn't a match Caelum disliked per se. He liked the girl and he thought they could've been good friends. And maybe more, if there weren't someone else already. But now the engagement was called off when she ran away with Therion, and he was left again with the uncertainty of whom his next bride shall be.

The door opened, followed by his sister calling for him. He turned his head, seeing her and Remi come into the room. He sighed softly and smiled a little. He was glad to see his sister, they always got along well. And he didn't mind her coming into his room so late at night. She might be able to distract him a little of his current thoughts. He sat up a little, leaning with his back against the pillows of his bedpost, positioning Cat so he could lay on his lap. 'Yeah, I am. Couldn't sleep?' He asked her. She mostly couldn't when she entered his room this late, so it wouldn't be a surprise if that was the case again.

At the end of everything, hold onto anything RR7hh59
Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:22 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Oriana Vylasar
Oriana Vylasar
goudvis
Lemuria

Character sheet

Even if he hadn't been- she would've woken him up really. Thoughts clouded her head more than they had ever done previously and she just knew she would not catch any sleep until they were spoken. Caelum had to hear them, he had to understand her- she couldn't sleep knowing they had a disagreement somewhere. She could not sleep if she knew something was bothering him. And thus she fell onto his bed next to him, as they had done so many times previously. Cat upon his lap, Remi next to her head. She sighed and nodded "Yeh- i guess you couldn't either huh" she answered softly as she moved her hand over Cat's back.

Oriana stirred in her thoughts for a moment, keeping her eyes fixed upon the ceiling above their heads as an easy silence grew between the pair. She never had reason to explain her ways before- or well she never felt as though she owned anyone an explanation for anything. Yet here and now she couldn't count the amount of reasons she wanted to tell him. She would throw anything and everything in his way if it meant he'd be on her side again. So she clenged her jaw before she began.  "Are you mad at me?" For marrying, for not telling you? For doing something against his wishes- god, she had done so many things against his advice. She had jumped over roofs, she had declared wars on stupid people, but never had she been this afraid to have angered him. To have lost his support.
Curious girl.
A wanderer.
❀Caelum Vylasar
Fitcheck

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:42 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Caelum Vylasar
Caelum Vylasar
Camilla
Lemuria

Character sheet
Caelum Vylasar
He felt a weird sort of conflict inside of him when his sister joined him on the bed. That was not something they were unfamiliar with, but the reason why was different this time. It wasn't just a normal can't sleep moment, or a lets have a sleepover, or something else silly. A lot had happened today, a lot he still had to process aswell. He was glad she was here though. He had hoped she would come. A silence grew between them. Caelum was trying to find things to say. What could he say? Where would he start? What did he even think of the whole situation? Caelum has had so many thoughts already since the dinner and yet it felt like he had not formed a coherent opinion on any of it. Was he mad, angry, did he feel betrayed, was he relieved? All those questions plagued his mind and heart, wondering what exact emotions he was feeling right now.

when Oriana spoke again, it was as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders and at the same time a heavier weight was placed back as replacement. She had started the conversation, but the thought of being mad at her- he couldn't even think about it. So Caelum shook his head. 'No, I'm not mad at you Ori,' he spoke softly. Dissapointed then? Not exactly either. He was more dissapointed in Raeghan than anyone else. 'I'm just.. A bit confused, I think.' That did seem to sum up the feeling he had about this whole situation. Ori's situation at least. He wasn't quite sure yet about the situation involving his now called off engagement and Aniu. 'I just didn't expect you to... Announce something like that. I thought I would've known beforehand, that something was going on between you two.'

Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:04 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Oriana Vylasar
Oriana Vylasar
goudvis
Lemuria

Character sheet

He was not mad, neither was he disappointed. Then why did she still feel so terrible about the whole ordeal? Why couldn't she be happy with his answer?  With open eyes she looked at him through the dim light he had on, her head slightly tilted as she kept petting Cat. Caelum had stated he was confused on the matter, bringing up the fact he had expected her to tell him beforehand. And with that, the guilt within her head found reason. Food for growth.

A shaky sigh escaped her as she looked at her brother familiar "..I should've..yeh" she confessed "But in my defence- I did not know he was going to ask me right there and then..." she tried with an ounce of hope in her voice. It was true, she had not known. They had just gone over the deal and that was all. "And honestly...it is not like something really was going on? Look" and then her eyes watered slightly, "I do not want to marry, i do not know if i ever will..but I have too...and me and Ray get along. He is fun, so I rather marry someone who thinks about marriage the same as me and is fun to be around and  to look at, then marry someone father and Peter set me up with...you know?" she explained, wiping her eyes dry "It's a perfect plan..and i won't have to move away from you either! I won't have to marry some far away lord or prince or whatever...Nothing will change, i have a fun husband and everyone is happy" After all it was just a small price to pay for the riches her family had spoiled her with.

Curious girl.
A wanderer.
❀Caelum Vylasar
Fitcheck

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Caelum Vylasar
Caelum Vylasar
Camilla
Lemuria

Character sheet
Caelum Vylasar
As her brother, it felt almost unfair he didn't know about the whole thing. Of course, just because he was her brother didn't make him obligated to know such things. But he thought they were the kind of siblings that told eachother things. But thinking that, he found fault in himself too. Because had he ever told her about Lauriel? Not that he could remember. But a hook-up during a festival was different than a whole engagement. He just didn't know something - anything - was going on between her and Raeghan. It made him react in such a way at the dinner, he was still ashamed of it. Looking back on it, he was already tense with the whole Aniu thing.

A soft sigh escaped when Oriana finished her explaination. It made sense. He didn't blame her. He actually praised her for taking that control into her own hands. It was true, Oriana had never striken him as the type to want to marry and build a family. Taking this kind of control over her own life, it was something he admired about her. He could never. Now, he had been engaged just moments before, but that all went out of the window. Had he felt feelings for Ani? He wasn't quite sure. But he felt sad about it nonetheless. Maybe a part of him did hope she chose to stay, even if it was a selfish reason. She would've given him stability, a future. Now he didn't know how his future looked like.

That was exaclty the reason why he felt sad in this moment. Oriana had taken the reins into her own hands, and he praised her for that, congratulated her on it. But here he was, uncertain about his own future. Knowing he could be married off to god knows who. A sigh left his lips and he nodded. 'I get it, I do. It's good you took that control for yourself. Raeghan is a fine man.' He didn't actually know him that well, but he was sure he was allright given his father had invited him in the family. 'I'm sorry I reacted that way. I just... I'm just a bit... I don't know, actually. It's a lot.'

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:05 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Oriana Vylasar
Oriana Vylasar
goudvis
Lemuria

Character sheet

When a sigh filled the silence between them, Oriana had looked up carefully...which sucked. It sucked she felt as though she had to tiptoe around her brother now. It was awful to see him like this through her own teary eyes. And for a moment a silence had taken hold of her, found her after years of being unable to do so. Oriana, the brave daughter of Valerio Vylasar,  Oriana traverser of roofs and climber of walls. Now sat quietly beside her lifelong best friend. And even though she had gotten a compliment from him- his whole demeanor formed no foundation for her joy to stand on.

Many things raced through her head as she took hold of both her upper arms, hugging herself softly as she stared down at the floor. Why did she not tell him before? She always told him everything and yet this significant change in her life had been left a mystery to the one person, whose opinion mattered most to her. Perhaps it had been because she did not want it to be true just yet- after all it was still a deal made out of a lack of choice. No matter the fact she liked the guy. if it truly were up to her- she would not marry anyone at all. And maybe by not telling him, she could keep its reality a bit more unclear to herself. As though it was just a dream she would forget eventually.

Well- either way, Rheagan had made it a reality this evening. And whether she had been ready or not did not matter anymore. And so his little sister tried her best to swallow away the lump in her throat. Wiped away the tears that stuck to her eyes and nodded slowly "I-i am sorry i didn't tell you...i guess in a way it felt less real that way?" she attempted to explain her thought process as her eyes fell upon her brother again. When suddenly it struck her just how selfish she had been.

Here she was crying over a perfect Vlyasar wedding. that oke, she had not asked for but alas...Caelum had been stood up today. Ani had fucked off without a word and left him for some fucking pirate. Oriana felt herself getting angry at the thought alone. If they all had to suffer through a damn marriage- what had made Ani feel any more special than them to just...skip that? And not just at her own price..but that of her brother to. "But...what is done is done" she nodded, laying her hand on Caelums arm "This night was hard on you too" concern had filled her voice by now as her eyes softened "I don't know what has gotten into Ani...but I do know she doesn't fucking deserve you."

Curious girl.
A wanderer.
❀Caelum Vylasar
Fitcheck

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:28 pm
Lemuria Citizen
Caelum Vylasar
Caelum Vylasar
Camilla
Lemuria

Character sheet
Caelum Vylasar
He noticed she was crying. But he didn't dare look up already. He felt bad for making her feel bad, knowing Oriana had been struggling with this too. Yet he felt bad about it too, though he understand her so well. Caelum had felt a mixture of dread and relief being engaged to Aniu. He didn't want to get into trouble with her other, actual fiancé, but knowing he would have a future with her. It felt like a fairytale. A match too good to be true. He supposed it was like that after all, since she had chosen a life with the Rizal, and not with him. He couldn't blame her for that either. Love was love and he wasn't one to question that.

He understood Oriana's words and nodded. He understood, really he did. He just felt dissapointed, maybe, to be left in the dark on a matter like this. Had he been too preoccupied with his own affairs for her to even consider telling him? His sister ended the discussion and he agreed with her. What is done is done. No way there would be backing out for her now. But it was allright. She would be allright. And if she wasn't, he would personally make sure to let Raeghan answer to him.

Her hand on his arm felt good and he finally dared to look up at her. He smiled weakly at her words, shrugging slightly. 'She made her own decision. She followed her heart.' He admired that about her. She could've had a stable life, been with someone who was nice to her. But if she didn't love him like she loved Therion, what was even the point in that? Caelum couldn't give her what Therion did and he had to make peace with that. He felt strange like this, like a heartbreak. Only there hadn't really been anything to be broken, except maybe for a fleeting fantasy.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:50 pm
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum