Home Guidebook Map DiscordCitizens Allegiances Log in Register
[FOP] Wicked Game
Time will tell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown Princess of Xaila
Nymeria Daetrys
Nymeria Daetrys
Ei
[FOP] Wicked Game F10
Xaia
[FOP] Wicked Game 3f082b7bfed34d0b4509368c3fda9e97

Character sheet
Race: Sun Elf

[FOP] Wicked Game D5ys1x2-6ffa66a6-40fc-494d-bddf-10787073b0a5.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVmODhjMTY4LTdmODYtNDlhYi1iZDFkLTY2YTMzNzRhNDI3Y1wvZDV5czF4Mi02ZmZhNjZhNi00MGZjLTQ5NGQtYmRkZi0xMDc4NzA3M2IwYTUuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

There was no resting for the princess, no matter how tradition forced her to. After all, it was not often that this city was home to as many noblemen as now. Leaders from all over the continent found their way over here, to party- to show face. And to her, it was a shining time to mend, to forge. As crown princess it was not often she got the chance to speak with those from outside the country, it was not up to her to travel and desperately go after relationships. No, as Crown princess she let those connections come to her. She invited them over with all the hospitality of a royal. She did them the honour of getting visited by her within their chambers, given to them by her and her family. It was all a well-thought-out affair- a royals way of mending. Of reaching out with elegant ease.

Affairs much like today- where instead of resting, she made her way under an illusion of rest, whilst instead, her errands were far from them. She had invited over a councilman for tea that morning in the royal gardens of the palace they both called home- though the man could only do so for the remainder of his trip. The man in question was none other than a Sir Vincent Greywell- a man of war. Which struck the action orientated Xailian within her at the right cords- but apart from that, she had also come to know of his Fire wielding tactics- as well as him honouring her god to do so.  And with that in mind, she couldn't imagine having a difficult time with the old man this morning.

When she arrived within the lush gardens of her home, she saw the man had already been seated down at the little seating area set up for them within the shade of many grapevines and blooming flowers. A morning sun lighting up their vividly coloured green leaves. The crown princess, accompanied by a set of her most trusted guards made her way over to him, signalling her men could leave the two of them alone. She had no intention of coming of as weak in front of the man, since she was not at all. "Councilman Greywell" she greeted him as she approached him from behind, quickly resting her hand upon his shoulder before letting it slide off of it whilst walking past him to her decorated seat. "I am pleased to see you around Al-Cahill" She smiled as she poured the two of them some tea "How are you liking the festivities? I am sure it must have been great to honour your god at such a great scale. Could you feel it? That fiery rush?" she grinned a little, it was a fact after all that within the scorching son of Xaila, the fire god presented itself way stronger than anywhere else on the continent.

Much thank Nien x
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:17 pm
Lemurian Council
Vincent Greywell
Vincent Greywell
Walter
[FOP] Wicked Game QNxT0fR
Lemuria
[FOP] Wicked Game 8LjFhs4

Character sheet
Race: Mage
https://timewilltell.forumotion.com/t744-vincent-ulysses-greywel
Vincent Ulysess Greywell III
a cold flame is a flame none the less.
Vincent was seated in the lush garden, the sound of tropical birds fluttering in and out of earshot all around him. He had missed Xaila so much. For the first time in a long time, his joints did not ache. The sun was an ease to him and ever since they landed in port, he could feel the presence of the source permeate through the land. He breathed in and could feel the warmth of fire fill his being. The coolness of the shade was a welcome addition to this meeting in the royal gardens. He had often wondered what the palace and the gardens looked like when he was still a student in Xaila.
He saw the elven crown princess, lady Nymeria Daetrys, enter the courtyard. The young lady was truly a beauty and wore her status with grace. Vincent courteously stood up from his seat and bowed as she dismissed her honor guard. With a deep bow Vincent answered the princess's greeting: “It is an honor to be welcomed as your guest your grace.” He was a diplomat now, a lousy one that rather wished that he was a young warrior again but a diplomat none the less. She rested her hand upon his shoulder briefly as she walked past and took a seat across from him. She was a dangerous one, he thought as he took his seat.
He had been selected to discuss the festivities and probe the Xailan nobles about the state of their alliance. Why him? He wasn't the master of whispers, he was a grouchy old soldier. He politely smiled at the beautiful princess that was in all likelihood also prodding him for information beneath the political decorum. “I am glad to be back in Al-Qahil. It has been quite a while since I've been back.” Vincent politely answered before adding: “The festivities are lovely. The people of Xaila and especially the royal house, have always been great hosts... As for the honoring of Xeion, my faith is something I keep with me at all times but it was nice to be around others that worship Xeion in this extent.” She was definitely prodding him for information, since was more than likely briefed about the festivities themselves and about him following the teachings of Xeion. He was a battle-mage after all, his faith was a guiding that that bolstered his flames. But she knew this.
What about yourself your grace? Are you enjoying the festival?” He asked politely, trying desperately to hide the fact that he knew it must be quite the busy time of year for the Xailan royal house.
Tags: Nymeria Daetrys
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:33 pm
Crown Princess of Xaila
Nymeria Daetrys
Nymeria Daetrys
Ei
[FOP] Wicked Game F10
Xaia

Character sheet

[FOP] Wicked Game D5ys1x2-6ffa66a6-40fc-494d-bddf-10787073b0a5.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVmODhjMTY4LTdmODYtNDlhYi1iZDFkLTY2YTMzNzRhNDI3Y1wvZDV5czF4Mi02ZmZhNjZhNi00MGZjLTQ5NGQtYmRkZi0xMDc4NzA3M2IwYTUuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

It had not come as a surprise to the princes that the old man in front of her had been sent here. As much as it probably had not been a surprise to him to have been called here. It was after all a well known fact the councilman mastered the art of firebending to a grand extent, Meaning he valued their shared god greatly, giving them some common ground on which they could speak. Possibly bleeding it's way into more...interesting talk. Nymeria smiled when he commented on it, sugar lining his words as they met the air.

She had not expected any less from the old warrior, though she had to admit he had gotten quite the hand on the whole diplomatic accent, dispite having relied more onto the sword for many of years. Though perhaps it was just her Xalian genes and warrior ancestory that had deafened her to a generals voice. She nodded her head "I am glad to hear so" she told him as she brought her cup of piping hot tea towards her lips, tasting it's finer aromas without a burn to her skin tissue. Burns were something she had grown out of. The more a sun elf had, the stronger they were afterall.

She chuckled when the mage then turned the conversation towards her, if it had been a commoner she would not have however- "Oh well, Vincent, lets drop the formalities for now, these are days of celebration, no?" she smiled before lifting her chin up slightly to truely anwser him "Festivities i am definetly enjoying indeed. The burning sun, the exotic goods merchants from your side of the border bring into our city- it is all very exciting no matter how many times ive attened them already" the princess told, her voice edged with burning passion "And well- i have never shyed away from a party hmm" a grinn adorned the corners of her mouth shortly as she said that, burning her gaze onto the man infront of her. "Can i expect to see you dance tonight?"  An old man dancing, always fun right?

Much thank Nien x
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:04 pm
Lemurian Council
Vincent Greywell
Vincent Greywell
Walter
Lemuria

Character sheet
Vincent smiled politely, feeling the squirming feeling in the back of his mind that the politicking and pondering was never going to fit him. He took a sip from his tea after blowing gently to cool it down.
He raised his eyebrows in shock as the crown princess decided to drop the formalities. It was a shock he couldn't hide, more because he did not expect it rather than welcome it. He quickly recovered and smiled a warm smile. “Very well, princess, I will try.” Much like the princess he was looking forward to the festivities, but for other reasons. He wanted to strengthen the bonds between their nations. However, he was dreading looking after his to-be king during the festival. Ezriel had the tendency to disappear at the worst times.
However, Vincent had more pressing issues. The crown princess's eyes were burning holes into his. Vincent waited to respond to her inquiry, taking another sip whilst keeping unbroken eye-contact from the rim of his cup. He smiled a melancholy smile before answering: “I am also looking forward to the festivities and to re-experience all the Xailan culture has to offer. However, I am afraid my dancing days are over...” He took another sip and added: “...Bad hip.
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:21 pm
Crown Princess of Xaila
Nymeria Daetrys
Nymeria Daetrys
Ei
[FOP] Wicked Game F10
Xaia

Character sheet

It truely was immensely unfair,  how the old were doomed to brittle away slowly. Years of life wore them down no matter how great, no matter how noble. The evil and the doom would all become chipped at bone some day. And those like Vincent often seemed to get the worst end of the stick, people who worked the hardest, fought the most for their countries were among the first to notice the downward effect time had on all life eventually. A horried unfairness, Nymeria would have loved to have challenged a man on his fittest leg to a friendly duell. Now she merely smiled with the same meloncholy he had done.

"Time is often most unfair to those who have worked the hardest is it not?" she smiled warmly, her lips meeting the edge of her gold inlaid cup of hot tea. Sweetened with enough sugar to feed an army of honeybees for days. She took a sip as her eyes shimmered in the golden sun behind them when they met Vincent's once more "How is diplomacy treating you?" she asked then, perhaps a useless question knowing the Mastewr infront of her was ought to boast about the country from which he came, especially in regards to the army it had to protect itself. "I mean, there is no doubt as to how qualified you are to lead an army- But a generals place is often not one behind a desk all day- or within the chair you are seated at right now" Nymeria never met Generals, mostly silver tongued diplomats trying to sell her honey coated lies or exaggerated facts. It was a nice change of paste if she had to be honost.

Much thank Nien x
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:09 pm
Lemurian Council
Vincent Greywell
Vincent Greywell
Walter
Lemuria

Character sheet
Vincent pondered the words of the princess. Time did squeeze tightly on his mind in his older years. The thought of his old age being a burden started to creep up more and more. His body was failing him in his old age, but his mind was not and as long as he had that he would uphold his duty. “I try not to dwell on it.” Vincent spoke plainly. It was true, but ignoring it hadn't been an option for many years.
The princess was still prodding him for information and it seemed she was enjoying it immensely. Vincent took a sip from his tea, looked to the sky and truthfully answered: “I hate politics. I have little patience for it.” It did not help that he was part of a council that he did not want to be a part of. He wanted the true king to ascend the throne, but as long as that did not happen he would have to keep their kingdom strong.
Vincent hoped the princess did not mean to insult him, but he couldn't help but feel like his position as general was being mocked. “Martial prowess wins battles, logistics wins wars.” He said before taking another long sip of his tea and adding: “My senses and my blade haven't dulled yet princess. Until they do, I serve the king-in-waiting and the realm.
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:03 am
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum